Okay, any thoughts for those who are using both for now.

One thing I noticed Spotify seems to have more albums for now, also on the iPhone Apple Music drains way way more battery than Spotify.

What are your pluses and minuses for both? Which one will you decide to stay with.
    07-01-2015 02:16 PM
    Sometime next week, when iOS 9 beta 3 drops with full Music support, I'll test it out somewhat thoroughly and then provide feedback in regard to your question. I'm limited to just the beats 1 station right now ...
    07-01-2015 02:28 PM
    I use both services and pay for a Spotify premium account. I used Apple Music this morning at the gym and it worked great. I think the biggest difference for me is the integration of Apple Music with the device.

I was able to start my playlist from my Apple Watch using Siri and I never had to open the music app. They both have HUGE libraries, I was able to set up my playlists on Apple Music and every song I was looking for was available, including the obscure techno/dance songs.

Its only been 1 day, so I will update my thoughts after a few weeks.
    07-01-2015 02:33 PM
    I think it's too early for anyone to say since Apple Music is basically a version 1.0 and you'll have 90 days to make a decision. The thing has been out for about 28 hours now and I think Apple will improve things seeing as it's now in the hands of millions of users who all have feedback.
    07-01-2015 03:18 PM
    I'll get back with you on this in November. I'm saving my free 3 months to include Christmas music. 🏻
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    07-01-2015 03:27 PM
    I'm still testing the waters. More than likely I'll have my mind made up on which service I'm keeping by the end of this month
    07-01-2015 03:59 PM
    I think there are going to be pros and cons to both Apple Music and Spotify. Apple Music is just a baby and still has to grow into a fully functional all, IMO. I am hoping in the next few months they really work on ironing out some issues in Apple Music and making it a stronger app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 05:41 PM
    I kind of see Music as sort of a beta. They want to get the kinks out before iOS 9 rolls out in September.
    07-01-2015 06:24 PM
    I went ahead and deleted my previous post because Music is truly growing on me. Now that I have been able to replace the Connect tab at the bottom with a new Playlist tab separate from My Music tab I REALLY am liking the setup/ease of use. Many, MANY less steps to get where I want to be than in Spotify. It also looks like my issue of songs not saving to playlists has resolved as well.
    zerog46, crankerchick and sectime like this.
    07-01-2015 07:29 PM
    I went ahead and deleted my previous post because Music is truly growing on me. Now that I have been able to replace the Connect tab at the bottom with a new Playlist tab separate from My Music tab I REALLY am liking the setup/ease of use. Many, MANY less steps to get where I want to be than in Spotify. It also looks like my issue of songs not saving to playlists has resolved as well.
    How do you replace the connect tab with a new playlist tab ?
    07-01-2015 10:48 PM
    I too would like to know how you did this. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 11:04 PM
    Found it. Easy peasy and imho more useful!
    Go to Settings ️ General ️ Restrictions
    And uncheck "Apple Music Connect"

crankerchick likes this.
    07-01-2015 11:31 PM

Thanks for posting this phreddyl. Last night I was asleep ridiculously early and missed the question(s).
    07-02-2015 04:52 AM
    My wife uses wp, so as long as Apple doesn't have app on other platforms it is a no go for me. Plus if I'm visiting friends, they all have spotify installed on their computers. Would be awkward to tell them to download iTunes do that I can play them some music 😂
    07-02-2015 05:14 AM
    But I do like more aesthetics of apple music, as the spotify interface reminds me too much of ugly wp UI..
    07-02-2015 05:17 AM
    Thanks for posting this phreddyl. Last night I was asleep ridiculously early and missed the question(s).
    No problem!

Sent from my iPhone 6
    07-02-2015 06:22 AM
    Spotify Vs Apple Music-screenshot_2015-07-02-16-14-48.jpg

leannelizabeth1 likes this.
    07-03-2015 12:45 AM

Life changing

07-03-2015 07:51 AM
    What is ultimately going to prevent me from using Apple Music long term is my carrier. I have T-Mobile and I get free streaming using Spotify. That means it does not count against my data. Unless they add Apple Music to the list, that is going to limit where I can stream music, which I do not want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 09:39 AM
    I like that spotify has playlists from TV shows. Like I love the music from the show scrubs and they have all the songs from the show on one playlist. I don't see stuff like that in apple music. Unless I missed something

07-03-2015 08:44 PM
    I like that spotify has playlists from TV shows. Like I love the music from the show scrubs and they have all the songs from the show on one playlist. I don't see stuff like that in apple music. Unless I missed something

I'm also assuming they will add more as time goes by.
    07-04-2015 08:56 AM
    Spotify is just better if you have other devices other than apple
    07-04-2015 09:08 AM
    Yeah, I often forget people use other non-Apple devices. . . . Yes, it's scary but true.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    07-04-2015 11:42 AM
    I liked Rdio the best when I used each one for a few months. I settled on Google Play Music (because $7.99 a month), but Rdio had so many nice features. I think Apple Music has pretty much nothing on Spotify, Rdio, and Google Play Music. It's the best choice if you use a fruit device, but as soon as you leave the garden, it's not the best choice. Time will tell when they release their android app in the fall.

07-04-2015 12:22 PM
    Out of all of them out there Spotify is the best but since they don't have Taylor's music I'll settle on keeping Spotify free and using Apple Music.

I'm with T-Mobile and I just learned about Music Freedom and the city I'm in for now has LTE most places and so will the city I am moving to so I don't have any issues streaming anything. Which is why I'm good with that. Otherwise, I'd switch back to Spotify. $4.99 student edition for unlimited music is really good but I'd rather not pay if I didn't have to and I don't have to for the first 3 months of Apple Music so I'm going to try it out and then after that my mom will probably just pay me back for the family edition of Apple Music.
    07-05-2015 12:36 AM
56 123