Spotify Vs Apple Music

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After studying this streaming service issue some, it seems there's 2 main differences between the two. 1. Apple's $14.99 family (up to 6) deal beats Spotify's 50% off for each additional person. If Spotify wants to remain in the game, they'll have to at least match that. 2. Spotify has a student discount, Apple does not. I don't see Apple going there.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
After studying this streaming service issue some, it seems there's 2 main differences between the two. 1. Apple's $14.99 family (up to 6) deal beats Spotify's 50% off for each additional person. If Spotify wants to remain in the game, they'll have to at least match that. 2. Spotify has a student discount, Apple does not. I don't see Apple going there.

A couple of other big differences: 1) spotify works on multiple platforms. 2) spotify has a very decent ad supported streaming service. I was actually very surprised at how much they allow you to stream with the 'free' service. You can actually listen to an entire album with only a couple of commercial breaks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A couple of other big differences: 1) spotify works on multiple platforms. 2) spotify has a very decent ad supported streaming service. I was actually very surprised at how much they allow you to stream with the 'free' service. You can actually listen to an entire album with only a couple of commercial breaks.

Yeah, I have and use the free Spotify service. I'm sticking with it too. I don't want to switch to Family Sharing.

kiddori

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
As everyone has different taste in UI, I'm not going to say that one is better than the other. I do see that Apple Music has a leg up with Siri integration.

However, I'm sticking with Spotify for these reasons:

1) I prefer independent companies/services
2) It has cross-platform support (I listen on my Roku a lot)
3) It has browser access (great when at parents or friends house)
4) I really like their regionally curated playlists (maybe Apple has this as well?)
5) Although I live in the US, I have my profile set to Sweden to get a larger library (avoiding US record label restrictions)

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Whomever wrote that never used Apple Music or made difficult on purpose to justify an article.

Open Apple Music
Search Michael Jackson
Click on hamburger Button, choose play all, add to my music, etc.

Gruffalo26

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
So this is 1 album i am looking at in Apple Music. i have cellular data turned on and this is how the album looks both on Wifi and Cellular data.

IMG_1356.PNG
IMG_1357.PNG

It is only allowing me to play 2 songs on the entire album which i think is a bit pointless.

pgrtag

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So this is 1 album i am looking at in Apple Music. i have cellular data turned on and this is how the album looks both on Wifi and Cellular data.

View attachment 84834
View attachment 84835

It is only allowing me to play 2 songs on the entire album which i think is a bit pointless.

Do you have iCloud Music Library and iTunes Match turned on? I have both. With cellular off and using cellular the songs that aren't physically on my phone are grayed out. With Cellular off using wifi, all the songs are available.