Track Data and Actual Playing Song Not Matching!

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this? Here's what happened. Early yesterday I started adding albums to Apple Music that I had from Spotify. This was before iTunes 12.2 was out. When the update hit and I turned on iCloud Music Library on my Mac (in order to get purchased music synced up), everything when to [****].

Suddenly all the albums I had added to My Music for streaming were completely messed up. For example, I like a lot of movie soundtracks. Now, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" was showing "Batman Begins" album artwork. At first, I thought it was just a problem with the album cover. Nope! I'd tap an Age of Ultron track and the Batman track would play.

I added 100s of albums over the course of 2 hours or so yesterday and now they are nearly all of them jacked. The only way I can see to fix this is to go one by one and remove from my music, then add it back. Is this really my only recourse? That's going to take longer than the initial setup! /groan

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm done. I wiped out each album and re-added them. But even though I have iCloud Music Library turned on on my iPhone, iPad, and Mac, my purchased library is not showing up now. When I get home and open iTunes, I'm afraid this is all going to happen again. We'll see...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Album artwork is a mess for most of my uploaded music. It seems to be fine for music purchased on iTunes. For example, I know that I added Bruce Springsteen's Greatest Hits as I own the CD. The artwork shows Kenny Chesney's Greatest Hits artwork and actually says Whitesnake as the artist on one view. That's quite a combo. Lol. I have no idea how to fix it. That is an extreme example. A lot just don't show artwork or have the wrong picture but the correct name.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you all tried signing out of the iTunes Store and signing in again. This seems to work for some people.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the problem is systemic. Several sites have carried the story (Mashable, Verge, etc)... reached out to Serenity about covering it on iMore but didn't hear back. Here's a pretty long and active thread.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7104745

Basically, you can try replacing the iTunes Library.itl file but if that doesn't work, what I did is the only option because the music file itself is being irrevocably changed. Which means the only way to get it back is from a pre-iTunes 12.2 backup of the iTunes folder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox