Hi all. I mentioned in another post that I am experiencing an issue where only select songs I choose to add to playlists actually populate into the playlist. For example, I created a new playlist called Hairband Classics. I then went to add 6 songs from Skid Row, Motley Crue, and L.A. Guns just to test it. Each time I selected to add a song to the playlist, I received a check mark confirmation that it was done successfully. I went into the playlist afterward expecting to see 18 songs. There were 13. 5 did not populate in the playlist. I tried making other playlists to mimic what I have in Spotify and the same thing with them as well. I cannot find any rhyme or reason why. Can anyone else attest to this or confirm this? Thanks.
    07-01-2015 09:57 AM
    This happened to me also when I tried creating a playlist last night. I haven't figured out how to get it work
    07-01-2015 10:14 AM
    Either make sure to make those 5 songs available offline, or make sure to uncheck the option to only show offline music. Looks like the other 13 songs are downloaded but the new 5 ones are not.
    07-01-2015 10:38 AM
    Definitely please specify if the songs have been added to your library or not. It seems that unlike Spotify and the other services, the song has to be in your library. In iTunes, it won't even let you rate or add a song to a playlist that isn't in your library. It does allow you to do these thing in the Music app on iOS devices, but it appears this is in error, as the addition doesn't take effect.

I wish it worked where you could put a song into a playlist without adding to a library. I'd love for a song I rate to show in my smart playlists without having to add it to my library.
    07-01-2015 11:08 AM
    Either make sure to make those 5 songs available offline, or make sure to uncheck the option to only show offline music. Looks like the other 13 songs are downloaded but the new 5 ones are not.
    I don't believe that should have an effect. I have opted not to make any of the music I am adding to playlists available offline. I prefer to stream and not take up the space of my phone. So, while all 18 songs show up Library view, and all 18 are not available offline, only 13 show up in the intended playlist.
    07-01-2015 11:09 AM
    I don't believe that should have an effect. I have opted not to make any of the music I am adding to playlists available offline. I prefer to stream and not take up the space of my phone. So, while all 18 songs show up Library view, and all 18 are not available offline, only 13 show up in the intended playlist.
    I would check anyway. Looks like there is a separate option for playlists and library for what to show. I had that issue and when turned off the option all the music showed up.
    07-01-2015 11:54 AM
    I would check anyway. Looks like there is a separate option for playlists and library for what to show. I had that issue and when turned off the option all the music showed up.
    Sorry I didn't mention earlier that I did check.
    Creating Playlists Issue/Question-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1435766610.333109.jpg
    07-01-2015 12:03 PM
    I kind of hate I saw this post.

I just went and checked and it looks like the last two to three hours of music I added isn't in the playlist.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend an evening just adding music. Don't think my coworkers will listen to another 80's hairband marathon just so I can add music.
    07-01-2015 06:40 PM
    I kind of hate I saw this post.

I just went and checked and it looks like the last two to three hours of music I added isn't in the playlist.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend an evening just adding music. Don't think my coworkers will listen to another 80's hairband marathon just so I can add music.
    I hear ya. I was so bummed. BUT, I will tell you that I have been adding more songs this past hours and have not been having any issues so I wonder if something has changed? The only thing I have done differently is I have gotten Apple Music up and running on my Macbook too. That shouldn't make a difference but I'll note it. I am getting ready to do my next playlist. I will update here how it goes. Good luck!!

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. It is absolutely hit or miss on if a song I add to a playlist actually shows up. Sometimes it takes me two, even three attempts for it to happen.
    Last edited by finn5975; 07-01-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    07-01-2015 07:26 PM
    Ok, I think I figured it out. It is taking a while for songs to actually sync into the playlists as you add them. I believe that if you go to add an additional song before the previous one has synced into the playlist, it will cancel that previous song from appearing in the playlist.

Since I am re-creating my spotify playlists, I have been adding multiple songs quickly. That is why when I added 6 Motley Crue songs, only 3 showed up. I was adding them quickly, and the ones that hadn't synced in time were cancelled out when I clicked to add the next song. So I guess the answer is, slow down.
    ladyc0524 and crankerchick like this.
    07-01-2015 08:11 PM
    Ok, I think I figured it out. It is taking a while for songs to actually sync into the playlists as you add them. I believe that if you go to add an additional song before the previous one has synced into the playlist, it will cancel that previous song from appearing in the playlist.

Since I am re-creating my spotify playlists, I have been adding multiple songs quickly. That is why when I added 6 Motley Crue songs, only 3 showed up. I was adding them quickly, and the ones that hadn't synced in time were cancelled out when I clicked to add the next song. So I guess the answer is, slow down.
    I will definitely try your suggestion. Thanks for the tip!
    07-01-2015 08:13 PM