Okay so I chose the 6 members membership, now how do I tell them it's ready for them to use?
    06-30-2015 08:30 PM
    You need to activate Family Sharing. Go to Settings > iCloud > Family Sharing & add the members

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 01:02 AM
    Why is it asking for my credit card info? I don't want to use my credit card and having other people use it to buy apps, games etc. Is there a way around this?
    07-01-2015 02:03 AM
    Haven't done it personally, but one aspect of Family Sharing is that you can define yourself as the admin and set things up so any purchases made through Apple, be they apps/music/whatever have to be approved by you.

I appreciate it might not be an ideal solution for your exact situation, but one of Apple's aims with the Sharing service was to give parents control over what their kids were spending.
    07-01-2015 02:28 AM
    I wonder if I can set it up with a prepaid Visa card?
    07-01-2015 02:11 PM
    Yes you can set it up with a prepaid card or iTunes Gift Card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 03:04 PM
    Yes you can set it up with a prepaid card or iTunes Gift Card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not for family sharing, it's asking me for a credit card even though I have a balance of $30 on my itunes card.
    07-01-2015 03:32 PM
    My issues with this is my family always shared one iTunes account, this works great and we all only had to worry about one password and username. Now to keep everything straight and backed up we all have separate iCloud accounts. This way everyone shared the purchases and we could monitor the kids apps. If we separate then no monitor and it's a bunch of new passwords. I hope this works with just the one account but I don't see that working anytime soon, Not happy
    07-01-2015 09:52 PM
    My issues with this is my family always shared one iTunes account, this works great and we all only had to worry about one password and username. Now to keep everything straight and backed up we all have separate iCloud accounts. This way everyone shared the purchases and we could monitor the kids apps. If we separate then no monitor and it's a bunch of new passwords. I hope this works with just the one account but I don't see that working anytime soon, Not happy
    You should be able to use existing iCloud accounts for iTunes/App Store so there wouldn't be extra passwords. And with Family Sharing you can set kids up to require your approval before purchases. It seems to work ok. After approval if they have iTunes credit balance, it uses that, otherwise it uses the credit card tied to the "master" of Family Sharing. You can also designate another adult as a parent so that they can do the approvals too.
    bigjoe7757 likes this.
    07-01-2015 10:25 PM
    I will try family sharing out, as I don't really have any other option. Thanks for the breakdown.
    07-01-2015 10:59 PM
    Not for family sharing, it's asking me for a credit card even though I have a balance of $30 on my itunes card.
    Maybe they changed something. When I first set mine up last year I used an iTunes Gift Card because I wasn't sure how it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 11:34 PM