So if I wasn't one of those people who was already using iCloud to store and sync music across devices (through Match I guess?), then how do I get my purchased music onto my phone so I can make integrated playlists with my purchased and streaming content? I can't figure it out. I've enable iCloud Music Library on my iOS devices but can't find an option on iTunes on my Mac. I've gone ahead and made playlists purely from Apple Music hoping that when I can sync up my purchased content, it'll all match and not duplicate. The main concern is there's about 15 albums that I did have access to on Spotify but are not on Apple Music... but they were purchased in the past on iTunes, so I want to get them in to my playlists. Any pointers?
    06-30-2015 03:48 PM
    I think you just have to wait for now for an iTunes update for the Mac. This isn't working yet for those of us with iTunes Match either. In iTunes I can see music added to the library from my phone via Apple Music, but I can't play any of the music. My smart playlists update with the cloud music added via Apple Music, I just can't physically play or download the songs in iTunes yet.
    06-30-2015 04:31 PM
    You were right, I just needed to be patient. Unfortunately, after updating and turning on iCloud music library, the entire work I did for nearly two hours adding albums that I had over in Spotify was summarily wiped out. And now I'm only left with my purchased iTunes content. There was no option to merge or replace. It just did it.

On top of that, my tracks were completely screwed up. At first I thought it was just randomly incorrect album artwork but when I tapped a song, it was playing the song from the album pictured, not the track listed. I signed out and back in on all devices. That's when I discovered I was only left with my purchased music.

Off to a very shaky start indeed.
    06-30-2015 10:38 PM
    So here's what happened for me. I added lots of stuff to my library from my phone. Those showed up in iTunes but couldn't be played. Went home and updated iTunes and still the same. Signed out of the iTunes Store. Closed iTunes. Opened iTunes and signed into the store from the "For You" screen where I chose already a member. Then all my added stuff (well, minus a few songs), were playable.
    07-01-2015 11:20 AM