8.4 is here... Go and get it and play with Apple Music

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am downloading it as I type this.

Will be playing with the new service soon and hopefully see if I will be getting rid of my Spotify account :)

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have iTunes Match. I painstakingly went through the upload process and then downloaded the files from the cloud onto my computer. I saved the originals as a back-up in case a file got replaced that I did not want.

Now, I am interested in trying out iMusic but am hesitant as to exactly what will happen to my music and will it go through this whole process again? I want to try it but not at the sake of my library. Also, if I were to change, I assume I would no longer need match and will that too screw up my library?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
UNHAPPY :(

I tried to set up a playlist... That worked great, but there is no way to set the whole playlist to be available offline. Unless I am missing something. You can go to each song and select them to download, but who has time to go through 100+ songs and do that one at a time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
UNHAPPY :(

I tried to set up a playlist... That worked great, but there is no way to set the whole playlist to be available offline. Unless I am missing something. You can go to each song and select them to download, but who has time to go through 100+ songs and do that one at a time.

When I go to a playlist and bring up the options, then tap "Make Available Offline", it just goes to that playlist. It doesn't say anything else about it. Does that mean it's Offline? I didn't see an option to check each song.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I removed everything and started over the the second time the option to download (offline) was there.

However, I upgraded my kids last night and as I feared the same Apple ID used for purchases has the power in Apple Music, so I turned it off for them :)

Need to keep the Kids and Wife from messing with my playlists :)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why do you not use Family sharing now?

Not all purchases are enrolled in family sharing, and IAP's are not covered either. So when we pay to unlock a full version of a game we would need to pay the same thing 4 times.

While I don't mind supporting developers, I am not a fan of buying the same thing over and over :)