Who else is excited about Apple Music?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been a Spotify user for a long time and I cant wait to use Apple Music. Mostly because I can save my playlists and sync them with my Apple Watch.

I save my Spotify songs too, but there is no way to get them on anything other than the phone in the Spotify app.

So who else is excited and why?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't generally use Music streaming, but I do think Apple Music is going to explode in popularity.
The fact that they've made it available on Android too almost guarantees it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If we could set up playlist I might like it. But not for $9.99 a month. Apple wants all our money! That price tag takes excitement out if it for me.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm rather "meh" about the whole streaming music thing. I'd call my interest at this point more of a morbid curiosity. I can't see myself spending $10/month to listen to music that I already own.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If we could set up playlist I might like it. But not for $9.99 a month. Apple wants all our money! That price tag takes excitement out if it for me.

It is no different than the other services... I pay $9.99 per month now for Spotify so I can have offline music and no adds.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How will 8.4 affect the music I currently have? Do I lose my iTunes radio stations I have picked out even if I don't want Beats 1? What happens to my music library if songs I have paid for? I don't do iTunes Match.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't want streaming music if it uses cellular data. Much of my use of listening to my few songs is with a Bluetooth headset in my car. Will I have to have iTunes Match to hear the songs in my library?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

You can definitely set up playlists and use them offline. You will have your radio stations just like you do in iTunes Radio and now you can set up playlists from songs in iTunes and save those offline as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can definitely set up playlists and use them offline. You will have your radio stations just like you do in iTunes Radio and now you can set up playlists from songs in iTunes and save those offline as well.

Do we have to have iTunes Match?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't want streaming music if it uses cellular data. Much of my use of listening to my few songs is with a Bluetooth headset in my car. Will I have to have iTunes Match to hear the songs in my library?
First it doesn't use that much data, even less for the folks that have T-mobile because T-mobile doesn't count streaming music against your data plan. Second what you own, you own. Download and play your music library as you always have ...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Do we have to have iTunes Match?

I am not exactly sure how iTunes Match fits in with Apple Music. You don't need it to set up playlists though. You have access to the whole iTunes library with Apple Music so I don't see why you need iTunes Match unless you have music not found on iTunes that you want to access anywhere. Maybe a concert or something that would not be found on iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods