genres of music like bluegrass, classical, and death metal

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Watching the presentation today I noticed, they show all the usual apple music they do in these shows. hipster music, old rock, rap, pop, etc. mainstream stuff. nothing against the mainstream stuff by the way, it's just what apple's team must like, and that's fine. Now they say that personal playlists will be drawn up for you, by apples people, not computers. so if you want work out music and rap is your thing you're in luck.

the thing I can't help but wonder is what about us who don't like much mainstream music. I'm a fan of traditional bluegrass, like Bill Monroe, and old school country like willie nelson. I also like some traditional celtic music, and some new celtic stuff, such as Orla Fallon. and even the occasional classical tune, I'm not a fan of death metal but mentioned that in the thread title as it too is an example of a genre that's not mainstream.

Is apple hiring folks who like all the various genres to make human created playlists to help us find new songs, or is it mostly the mainstream genres that will benefit from this?

If I want to work out to, say Patty Loveless, will the apple team even know who she is, much less have a playlist picked out by real humans based on her stuff? She's not U2 or Coldplay. LOL anybody know or have an educated guess, or even speculations?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure all genres will be on there. I watched a YouTube video & they mention that all artists ranging from your top tier to garage bands will be included.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do we choose a genre? Or is it random songs from different genre? I sure as heck don't want to sit through 10 songs I don't like to hear one I do.