What's your initial impression of Music?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope they are. Oh man I HOPE they are.
I won't be home until late tonight.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, it's my previously created playlists that I've accumulated through years of iTunes purchases. I had carefully created playlists for things like, for example, cardio. Now my cardio playlist is gone. As are all my previously created collection of playlists.
I'm extremely frustrated and not very happy.
I had 12G of music in specific playlists. Gone.
All I can select now are artists. My Genius playlists are gone too.
Not happy. The more I try to get them back the more frustrated I get and the unhappier I become.

My wife's playlist looked like yours. One song. I had to tap edit and go down the "Songs" list checking those she wanted. My playlist was still intact.??

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly if I'd known my playlists would disappear I wouldn't have done it. I'm going to try to end the trial early to get out of it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly if I'd known my playlists would disappear I wouldn't have done it. I'm going to try to end the trial early to get out of it.

My playlists only disappeared after I turned off iCloud music library on my phone. Syncing with iTunes made them appear again on my phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My playlists only disappeared after I turned off iCloud music library on my phone. Syncing with iTunes made them appear again on my phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yah I'll have to deal with it tomorrow.
I won't be at my laptop all day.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Still all gone. Sadness

And is iCloud library under Settings > music checked on or off?

I wonder if your turn Apple Music and iCloud library completely off if they will come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
ok, I think I have wrapped my head around most of this iCloud library thing, but one more. If i decide to use iCloud music library, that means the music is then put on the cloud. if i want to listen to it on my device, do I have to download or stream in order to listen to it? or is it still stored locally on the phone or iPad?

Sorry to mention it again. Does anyone know the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope.
Everything is still gone.
First time since 2009 that I'm extremely disappointed in something Apple has done.
Today I'll see how to drop out of this trial and see how I can get my playlists back.
At least I've got my old iPod.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And is iCloud library under Settings > music checked on or off?

I wonder if your turn Apple Music and iCloud library completely off if they will come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It makes absolutely no difference either way.

THIS. SUCKS.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not the only one with this issue. Just made a trip through Google and found I'm not the only one.
Apple.....you blew this one. Severely disappointed and VERY ANGRY now.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope.
Everything is still gone.
First time since 2009 that I'm extremely disappointed in something Apple has done.
Today I'll see how to drop out of this trial and see how I can get my playlists back.
At least I've got my old iPod.

So your laptop is wiped too?! Strange! Don't plug that iPod in to anything and look up ways to pull the data back. At the minimum you can rebuild your playlists by hand from it. Sorry this happened. Did you happen to back up before updating to 8.4? Your computer should have an old backup of your iTunes library file also. I'm hopeful you can salvage this.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So your laptop is wiped too?! Strange! Don't plug that iPod in to anything and look up ways to pull the data back. At the minimum you can rebuild your playlists by hand from it. Sorry this happened. Did you happen to back up before updating to 8.4? Your computer should have an old backup of your iTunes library file also. I'm hopeful you can salvage this.

No, my laptop is intact. I'm doing a restore and I HOPE I get my playlists back.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
If you want to try and experiment with this, backup your iTunes library file first. It would be a shame not to try through the trial period. Just back up your library file on your computer and you will be fine. Plenty of instructions online of how to do this.

I would do that, then sign into Apple music from your laptop under the for you tab. Then turn Apple music and iCloud library off on your phone. Wait some time. Restart. Turn both back on and see where you are. If it still doesn't work, then I would turn it off on the laptop and restore the iPhone and turn off iCloud library straight away.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No I've really got no patience for badly executed features. This was poorly executed. Wiping my playlists is poor execution.
First I'll see if my playlists come back after the restore. Then I'll set about finding how to back out of Apple Music. I'll reconsider it when they get their act together.
If my playlists don't come back after the restore I'll stay away from iTunes for a while. I'm short tempered and I hate frustration. Best thing to do is to stay away.
I still have my playlists on my iPod and I can still use that for my workouts and cardio.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Right. The restore did not bring back my playlists.
How do I remove and back out of Apple Music?

Edit - seems I can't delete My Music.

So how do go back to 8.3?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh