What's your initial impression of Music?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have done a complete 180. Especially after having deleted the Connections tab at the bottom and having it replaced with a dedicated Playlists tab separate from the My Music tab. I can get to my playlists so much easier in Music than in Spotify. Also, I love the album art in playlists, and many of the hidden features that exist by tapping various things. Not intuitive, but once you know how to find these things and navigate it is pretty cool. I am 99% sure I will end my love affair with Spotify after 2 glorious years as a premium subscriber. And honestly, I never would have guessed it.

torque3211

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a mixed feeling, love the app , the playlist mess, sync issues,will decide after 3 months wheter i will continue with the subscription

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Why can u add some songs to "my music" & other songs u can't from Beats 1 ? I was trying to add the Gavin James Bitter Pill song.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I hated it at first, but now like it more. I disabled Connect and was able to fix the battery drain by restoring from backup. That app is too busy and trying to be more than it should be though. I don't think a music fan had any input on the design.

I won't know if I truly like it until they get the icloud music library issues resolved. I want to use this feature, but do not want my data messed up again.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
As I continue to use it, and replaced the connect tab as Finn noted, I'm finding it a little easier to navigate. I think aesthetically, the artist and playlist screens are very hot. The pop up menu when pressing the three dots, however, is not. I don't think it's very elegant at all. It's cluttered and not very pretty. Just a nitpick. Once I figured out you can tap an artist to go to their list of albums (instead of having to search), one of my main complaints about navigation was resolved. The lack of shuffle genre, artist, etc I think Apple will add in an update. Just like the iOS 6 and 7 music players, things like this that are taken away eventually get added back. I think one thing that really bites Apple is that they have to use an entire OS update to fix little things. If they allowed some system apps to be updated in the App Store, they could address little bugs or add things a lot easier.

My main gripe with the service aside from the matching issues (none for me thankfully, I think because I was already using iTunes Match) is that you have to add a song to your library in order to add it to a playlist or for your loved status or rating to to be used with a smart playlist. I'd love to have a playlist of loved tracks without having to do 2 actions. In Google Music and Spotify, you can easily star or like an item and it will be in a playlist automatically. You don't have to clutter your library if you don't want to and you don't have tap multiple times. In Apple music you have to add to a library before you can add to a playlist. I've created a smart playlist for loved tracks, but items that I've loved still have to be added to the library first. That means if I'm listening to a radio station or curated playlist and I like a song, I have to add to library, then love the track before it will show up in my smart playlist. That also means I can't do this from the lock screen. This is something I'm not convinced they will ever include in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, why does the "add to up next" not work properly? If you start playing an album or playlist and then go to queue another item, it adds the item after the current playing song. Subsequent add to up next actions work as expected (it adds the items after the previous queued items). What you originally started listening to is still at the end of the queue though. This has to be a bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I liked it initially. Now that I'm out and about I've discovered my playlists on my device are missing. To listen to music I seem to have to stream.
This is a nonstarter. I'm rushing all over the place now and can't play around with it.
Not pleased this morning. I want my playlists to be locally stored. I may opt out of this as soon as I get home.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I liked it initially. Now that I'm out and about I've discovered my playlists on my device are missing. To listen to music I seem to have to stream.
This is a nonstarter. I'm rushing all over the place now and can't play around with it.
Not pleased this morning. I want my playlists to be locally stored. I may opt out of this as soon as I get home.

Have you downloaded your Music to offline?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It only takes a click of a button to make a playlist available offline. But just like Spotify this is not a default. You have to enable this.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1435931148.966465.jpg

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I like it so far. wish I can move over my Spotify playlists.

You and I both. I have been slowly recreating my playlists that exist in Spotify. BUT, the silver lining is that I have sorted my spotify playlists in alphabetical order by artist (on the desktop version) and am using that as a guide when re-creating in Music, so now my playlists will FINALLY be in order on my phone. I hated that so much (the fact that both Spotfiy and Music do not allow this mass sort in-playlist in the phone apps).

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How do I find my playlists to make them available offline? They're gone.

See in your screenshot above how "show music available offline" is toggled on? If it is still on, it will only show the music that is stored locally on your phone. Since you have made the music local yet, it won't show you much if anything. Turn that toggle switch off.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I want the music that is stored locally. The problem is my playlists that I had are gone.
I want the playlists I've created through the years intact one device locally stored.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I want the music that is stored locally. The problem is my playlists that I had are gone.
I want the playlists I've created through the years intact one device locally stored.

I must have misunderstood from the get go. I never bothered with the Apple Music app prior to this update so I have no idea what has occurred with playlists prior to the new app. I thought you had created playlists 'since' the new version debuted and are having trouble locating them.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No, it's my previously created playlists that I've accumulated through years of iTunes purchases. I had carefully created playlists for things like, for example, cardio. Now my cardio playlist is gone. As are all my previously created collection of playlists.
I'm extremely frustrated and not very happy.
I had 12G of music in specific playlists. Gone.
All I can select now are artists. My Genius playlists are gone too.
Not happy. The more I try to get them back the more frustrated I get and the unhappier I become.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I love it! I will be a lifelong user. The pre-made playlists such as "intro to" are perfect and I can find EVERYTHING I will ever need. The family plan works great as well. Maybe I missed it and it already is, but I am excited for it to come to Apple TV. In addition, my 14 year old daughter loves it and now I can prevent her from looking for FREE music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Like now. Just got in my car. Try to get my fave 80 hair bands playlist and it's gone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Like now. Just got in my car. Try to get my fave 80 hair bands playlist and it's gone.

Are your playlists still on iTunes? If so you should still be able to sync them back to your phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk