What's your initial impression of Music?

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Obviously yes. I meant adding it yourself from the beats 1 web page or from the app. Not cramming in everybody's calendar ��

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've just turned off the auto renewal for Apple Music. It appears to have potential, but it doesn't offer anything that I'm not able to get from Spotify. While I suppose it would be nice to have everything in one app, i can't help but realize that I will likely never be able to use this app to play music on my PS4. So considering that, having one app for everything doesn't seem to matter much anymore. I'll be keeping an eye out for future developments to see how Apple progresses in the streaming market.

msauce08

May 14, 2013
Visit site
After using it for a little while now I am struggling to use it over Spotify. With Apple Music, I like the layout and the combination of my own music and music added from the Apple Music catalog but that's honestly it. If Spotify offered the same music locker type feature as Apple Music (and Google Play Music) then I would stay with Spotify...

qtrim

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
After spending 4 hours fixing the mess it created in my music library, I think it's a complete fail. At least I have a backup and know how to fix it. I'd hate to be one of their support people right now.

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Day 2 of MUSIC wasn't as good as the first, as the bugs finally came out to get me. The songs wouldn't play, it kept asking me to join MUSIC even though I've already joined, and albums wouldn't go into my library until I finally restarted my phone just now. Works perfectly for now. Apple really needs to fix these bugs that's making the user experience below par to Apple's standards.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi :) Basically I have two very specific issues.

- I believe you have seen elsewhere the playlist issue I am having where if I create a playlist in the phone app, and later when searching new music, go to add songs to the playlist, only certain ones show up in the playlist even though all show up in the library.

- Secondly, and this is similar to how my Spotify works, as I add songs to a playlist, they by default show up in the playlist in the order I add them. In the iphone app, there is no option to then auto-sort the songs by artist or name within the playlist (unless I manually move each and every one). However, in that same playlist in Apple Music on my Macbook, there is an option to auto sort those songs by Artist or Song Title with one click of a button. Despite doing that auto sort, it does not simultaneously cause that sorting action to display in the iphone app.

Sorry, it is clear in my head but challenging to describe.

I just double checked mine and they are sorted by artist just like on my Mac. But I had another unrelated issue and wiped and restored my phone. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

All in all I like it and will pay for it for my family and I. I'm not very critical of stuff like this. It's music and it works good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bopfiles85

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So far very good. I have only been using for an hour or so, but like what I am seeing. I have spent most of my time playing curated play lists and like what I am hearing.

I do have a couple of questions. First, is there (will there be) a new iTunes being released along with Apple Music? Secondly, From my iPhone 6 Plus I added the album Yuck from Alipne to "My Music" and that worked as expected. I opened iTunes, and the album showed up in my music with Download from iCloud icon next to each song. Hovering over the icon produces the expected "Download from iCloud message, however, nothing happens when you click on the icon. Will Apple Music songs (1) not download to iTunes for off-line playing, (2) not download during the 3 month trial, or (3) require a new version of iTunes?

FYI - I am an Apple Match user.

Doug

I was reading an article by imore and it says u need to turn off the itunes match in order to be able to listen to music offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
not going to subscribe to it. in the uk apple are asking ?10 for it($15.59) and I have the free version of Spotify or YouTube in a pinch. This whole thing is getting silly, we have to pay our carrier, our service provider and the thick end of a grand for a phone every couple of years, and Apple want ?120 a year, for what ? I'll tell you what, sound quality that is not as good as the old cassette tapes that live in my van, that's what.

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
ok, I think I have wrapped my head around most of this iCloud library thing, but one more. If i decide to use iCloud music library, that means the music is then put on the cloud. if i want to listen to it on my device, do I have to download or stream in order to listen to it? or is it still stored locally on the phone or iPad?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I haven't even begun to understand any of this iCloud Music Library thing and I don't want to.

I'm going to re-download all of my music I have in iTunes Match on my Mac and just save the library on my external drive for in case anything wrong happens.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even begun to understand any of this iCloud Music Library thing and I don't want to.

I'm going to re-download all of my music I have in iTunes Match on my Mac and just save the library on my external drive for in case anything wrong happens.

It's basically the same has having iCloud photos. Just means your music is accessible on all your devices that you are signed into with your Apple ID.

The Lannisters send their regards.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I know. I just mean with this whole DRM thing and all.

I already have iTunes Match so it looks like I'm ok for DRM for now. When it's time to renew I'll have to figure it out. It's silly to have both but I don't like the idea of my music being DRM. I suppose as long as I maintain my original files that I've purchased, I don't care what they do to my cloud music, but I don't want anything I purchase from iTunes to be DRMd when I download it to my NAS. I think from reading the iMore piece that purchased content should be free and clear, it's just any uploaded or matched music that I later download will be DRM. As long as I keep my originals, I'll always have my free and clear music files so shouldn't be a big deal even though, yeah if I redownload it later or to another device, it won't be. Anything downloaded and saved to device via APple Music will be DRM for sure, and I would expect that since I never bought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
It's pretty cool, still trying to figure a couple things out but I like it so far. I'll more than likely continue my subscription once the 3 months are up

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234