What's your initial impression of Music?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
"Make Available Offline" is the term for download on that.

Once you have the playlist downloaded and you tap those ... again, it'll say "Remove Downloads"

Yes. Worked for me. I think it's going to be a learning curve for everyone but that's why we have this forum. We can help each other out. I'm liking it all so far.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Recently Played is basically the saved stations. My recently played stations take me back all the way to stations I played in 2013

Thanks. My bad. I didn't look back that far. I'm good with that. I only have a few stations that I use on a regular basis. That may change but as long as I can get to them I'm good.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Have been listening for a few hours while working. So far so good. I searched for some albums I have saved on Spotify and when I checked the "+" it added the album to my Music, a nice feature combining streaming with my library. So far the desktop album art is nt showing but I have not searched for a solution. Takes a bit of getting used to like in radio stations I am used to having all my saved stations show up in one place. They do on the desktop but so far I have had to look in "recently played" stations to find my saved items. Have not used Beats 1 or Connect yet so no comments.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tapped start station on 10 different artists to test and it has worked fine for me. Plays music from that genre.

I was expecting something different. The genres are hard to narrow down. I try for Southern Rock but get Classic Rock. Unless the Rolling Stones are Southern Rock. LOL

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
It took me a little over an hour to search for and select all the same albums that I have in Spotify. I haven't made playlists yet. There were about 15 albums that Apple Music didn't have that Spotify did, but some of those I own. I'm just trying to figure out how to sync them in now. My main drive during this testing period will be how well Apple Music works on other devices, namely CarPlay. Because Spotify is wretched and even though I've been a long time subscriber, I won't hesitate to change. If I can SAFELY use the app while driving, then what's the point? Not to mention syncing with purchased content and streaming content has always been sketchy, too. And Apple is sure to excel in that area.

So all in all, first test run of streaming is good. Could not care less about Beats1. Haven't tried any curated radio/playlists yet.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
"Make Available Offline" is the term for download on that.

Once you have the playlist downloaded and you tap those ... again, it'll say "Remove Downloads"

I am good with the terminology ;)

I removed icloud music, readded icloud music, repopulated the playlist and now the download option is available... Download the PL now.

:)

OK I am happy again.

Now for my next BIG question??? We share my Apple ID for purchases in the house, we dont use family sharing but everyone else has their own Apple IDs for everything else. We we be able to use a different Apple ID for Apple Music or will have to be the same one that is used for purchases?

agmanuel

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I get surprised that the cost in Argentina is 4,99 USA dollars instead of 7,99 good for Apple to compete with spotify that cost 40 pesos (around 4 dollars)

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts and criticisms. The 3 dots that are tapped to bring up options like add to library, download, etc is still a little disappointing. I was hoping with the new app, this "overflow" button would be updated to include jumps to the album or the artist. Instead, if you are listening to a song from the radio and you want to go find the album to listen or add to your library, you have to search (and type things out). Other services all have options to jump straight to the artist or the album. I've grown used to it!

After listening to the Beats 1 station for a bit, I was hopeful that the radio sound quality would be improved across the board. My largest complaint with iTunes Radio since it released was I guess what some call server side volume normalization that causes all the stations to sound muted and decreased in sound quality. Beats 1 doesn't sound like it, but every other station I've listened to still does.

Also, just a nit pick, but some stations have the star button where you then have to choose "play more like this" a la the old iTunes Radio while other stations, like Beats 1 and the new stations use the heart to "like" the song and there are no options that have to be tapped after tapping the heart. Hopefully this will be the way of the future, although the option to play less like this is nice too. Just pointing out it's not consistent yet.

I like the view screens like the screenshots captured above. It's like looking at the artist in the iTunes Store.Nice, but takes time to load.

Overall I think this is a good update for Apple but in terms of the competition, I think Rdio, Google Play Music, and Spotify all look better and functionally are easier and less confusing to use. I dislike it taking so many taps to just peruse the library. I wish the old way of being able to choose what buttons are along the bottom of the screen to navigate the library were still the way to navigate. Now it's like our library is buried behind one button ("My Music") with mutliple taps from there to sort and find the artist or album that is sough. The "for you, new, and connect" tabs are thrown right in my face and I will use those less but I can't take them away. I'm a big smart playlist user, though, and those aren't too many taps away so I guess there's that.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am good with the terminology ;)

I removed icloud music, readded icloud music, repopulated the playlist and now the download option is available... Download the PL now.

:)

OK I am happy again.

Now for my next BIG question??? We share my Apple ID for purchases in the house, we dont use family sharing but everyone else has their own Apple IDs for everything else. We we be able to use a different Apple ID for Apple Music or will have to be the same one that is used for purchases?

I would recommend using individual Apple ID's and using family sharing. This way each person can save their own playlists and apple music will learn each persons musical taste. I can't think of a benefit of avoiding family sharing at this point. We have 5 of us on family sharing and it works great. The only issue we had revolved around Music Match and now Apple Music solved that so we are good. Everyone gets what they want.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why they ask you to follow artists but then give you no way easily navigate to the artist page. That alone will make me not use it. I don't want to have to manually search the artists I like. I want a list and then I can tap and go to their page. Now I have to go my profile > following > and then a list where all I can do is unfollow. Big fail Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner