What's your initial impression of Music?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Right. The restore did not bring back my playlists.
How do I remove and back out of Apple Music?

Edit - seems I can't delete My Music.

So how do go back to 8.3?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

The Solution may be right under your nose. Why not call Apple support? I would!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Right. The restore did not bring back my playlists.
How do I remove and back out of Apple Music?

Edit - seems I can't delete My Music.

So how do go back to 8.3?

Turn off iCloud music library on both your phone and iTunes. Then sync your playlists back. That's what I did to get mine back. One thing though is I had to leave the music app on my iPhone open for awhile before my playlists showed up again after syncing.
You still can go back to 8.3 if needed, Apple is still signing the firmware file for it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I decided to enable iCloud music library on my computer and my iOS devices. So far it's been good, all my playlists sync across devices and if my songs can't be matched it uploads them to iCloud, it even knows if you have duplicates so doesn't upload them so now I don't have to worry about that anymore. I had no songs on my iPod but with iCloud music library I can stream my entire library anywhere I have wifi now and even save them offline. I'm still going to keep my music files on my computer though just in case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks. I'm taking some time away from this.
I downloaded 8.3. I'll read up on how to do it.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
No I've really got no patience for badly executed features. This was poorly executed. Wiping my playlists is poor execution.
First I'll see if my playlists come back after the restore. Then I'll set about finding how to back out of Apple Music. I'll reconsider it when they get their act together.
If my playlists don't come back after the restore I'll stay away from iTunes for a while. I'm short tempered and I hate frustration. Best thing to do is to stay away.
I still have my playlists on my iPod and I can still use that for my workouts and cardio.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

This happened to me as well. Initially i didn't notice because i was too busy playing with the app. I'm beyond pissed. I'm also having issues with music that i downloaded. I have a few albums that refuse to show up in the library, however when i search for the albums they show no problem. Why can't i have a simple music app that works?

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I started the process of creating new playlists. I choose my song select "add to playlist" only to not see the song on my playlist (mind you I get the check mark and "added" message). Lol smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I finally did it after the whole day of surfing the web

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I found an article on the apple website that explained that there was a corrupted file with a % inserted. That added character corrupted the file. Don't know how that happened.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I started the process of creating new playlists. I choose my song select "add to playlist" only to not see the song on my playlist (mind you I get the check mark and "added" message). Lol smh

I had the same thing happen to me and it took me forever to figure out what was happening. It seems that some songs will show up in a playlist right away, while others take a bit. I am not sure why some take a while. If you try to add a song, and it delays showing up in the playlist and in the meantime try to add another one....the second one will cancel out the first one and the first one will not show up. Pain in the *** and I don't have the answers for why. I just got into the habit of adding a song and immediately checking for it to show up in the playlist before moving on to the next addition.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me and it took me forever to figure out what was happening. It seems that some songs will show up in a playlist right away, while others take a bit. I am not sure why some take a while. If you try to add a song, and it delays showing up in the playlist and in the meantime try to add another one....the second one will cancel out the first one and the first one will not show up. Pain in the *** and I don't have the answers for why. I just got into the habit of adding a song and immediately checking for it to show up in the playlist before moving on to the next addition.

Thanks. I'm not happy camper right now. Music icon goes into the junk folder for now. I'll be sticking with spotify for awhile.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not happy camper right now. Music icon goes into the junk folder for now. I'll be sticking with spotify for awhile.

Man I hear ya. I have been painstakingly recreating playlists in Apple Music when a huge part of me is like 'why'. Spotify is already set up from years of use. But I do like Beats radio a lot, I like album art in the playlists, and I like that because I am building already existing (in Spotify) playlists from scratch, I can build them in alphabetical order (I didn't do this in Spotify. I just added songs when I would think of them so there is not alphabetical order on my phone. Only the computer version has the auto sort feature).]

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a lot of problems using the artist pages on the iPad. Tapping on albums and nothing happens makes it impossible for me to choose songs to play by searching for the artist and the album. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I must say that I'm impressed, I had a big 4th of July BBQ today and I used Apple music to provide the sounds and it did great. Last year I used Spotify and was a little nervous to switch. Apple music won me over and I will be signing up for a membership when my trial is up. I'm a happy camper.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm liking a LOT more than I thought I would. It's quite good. Suggestions are right on after cleaning up my preferences and eliminate artists I really don't like (ie long press the bubble to remove).

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Still can't add songs to my playlists. Like wtf Apple....

0796dd3feb301025d9ea702767d8b5bd.jpg
5b63de73ae2ce4110ac39692c0ae12af.jpg

Last edited: