And is iCloud library under Settings > music checked on or off?

I wonder if your turn Apple Music and iCloud library completely off if they will come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It makes absolutely no difference either way.

THIS. SUCKS.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    07-04-2015 04:08 AM
    Well I'm not the only one with this issue. Just made a trip through Google and found I'm not the only one.
    Apple.....you blew this one. Severely disappointed and VERY ANGRY now.

07-04-2015 04:24 AM
    And everything is gone from your laptop/computer too?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    07-04-2015 08:33 AM
    Nope.
    Everything is still gone.
    First time since 2009 that I'm extremely disappointed in something Apple has done.
    Today I'll see how to drop out of this trial and see how I can get my playlists back.
    At least I've got my old iPod.

So your laptop is wiped too?! Strange! Don't plug that iPod in to anything and look up ways to pull the data back. At the minimum you can rebuild your playlists by hand from it. Sorry this happened. Did you happen to back up before updating to 8.4? Your computer should have an old backup of your iTunes library file also. I'm hopeful you can salvage this.

07-04-2015 08:37 AM
    So your laptop is wiped too?! Strange! Don't plug that iPod in to anything and look up ways to pull the data back. At the minimum you can rebuild your playlists by hand from it. Sorry this happened. Did you happen to back up before updating to 8.4? Your computer should have an old backup of your iTunes library file also. I'm hopeful you can salvage this.

No, my laptop is intact. I'm doing a restore and I HOPE I get my playlists back.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    07-04-2015 08:39 AM
    Apple will probably have an update for these problems soon....I hope anyway.
    07-04-2015 08:42 AM
    Yahhh, i did and I Like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-04-2015 08:47 AM
    If you want to try and experiment with this, backup your iTunes library file first. It would be a shame not to try through the trial period. Just back up your library file on your computer and you will be fine. Plenty of instructions online of how to do this.

I would do that, then sign into Apple music from your laptop under the for you tab. Then turn Apple music and iCloud library off on your phone. Wait some time. Restart. Turn both back on and see where you are. If it still doesn't work, then I would turn it off on the laptop and restore the iPhone and turn off iCloud library straight away.

07-04-2015 08:47 AM
    No I've really got no patience for badly executed features. This was poorly executed. Wiping my playlists is poor execution.
    First I'll see if my playlists come back after the restore. Then I'll set about finding how to back out of Apple Music. I'll reconsider it when they get their act together.
    If my playlists don't come back after the restore I'll stay away from iTunes for a while. I'm short tempered and I hate frustration. Best thing to do is to stay away.
    I still have my playlists on my iPod and I can still use that for my workouts and cardio.

mmcfly23 likes this.
    07-04-2015 09:18 AM
    Right. The restore did not bring back my playlists.
    How do I remove and back out of Apple Music?

Edit - seems I can't delete My Music.

So how do go back to 8.3?

Last edited by qbnkelt; 07-04-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    07-04-2015 09:34 AM

The Solution may be right under your nose. Why not call Apple support? I would!
    07-04-2015 10:08 AM

Turn off iCloud music library on both your phone and iTunes. Then sync your playlists back. That's what I did to get mine back. One thing though is I had to leave the music app on my iPhone open for awhile before my playlists showed up again after syncing.
    You still can go back to 8.3 if needed, Apple is still signing the firmware file for it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    07-04-2015 10:54 AM
    I decided to enable iCloud music library on my computer and my iOS devices. So far it's been good, all my playlists sync across devices and if my songs can't be matched it uploads them to iCloud, it even knows if you have duplicates so doesn't upload them so now I don't have to worry about that anymore. I had no songs on my iPod but with iCloud music library I can stream my entire library anywhere I have wifi now and even save them offline. I'm still going to keep my music files on my computer though just in case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    07-04-2015 11:01 AM
    Use this to go back to 8.3. But you should be able to solve the issue.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware
    07-04-2015 11:05 AM
    Thanks folks. I'm taking some time away from this.
    I downloaded 8.3. I'll read up on how to do it.

07-04-2015 03:25 PM
    Blah for me.

07-04-2015 04:20 PM
    No I've really got no patience for badly executed features. This was poorly executed. Wiping my playlists is poor execution.
    First I'll see if my playlists come back after the restore. Then I'll set about finding how to back out of Apple Music. I'll reconsider it when they get their act together.
    If my playlists don't come back after the restore I'll stay away from iTunes for a while. I'm short tempered and I hate frustration. Best thing to do is to stay away.
    I still have my playlists on my iPod and I can still use that for my workouts and cardio.

This happened to me as well. Initially i didn't notice because i was too busy playing with the app. I'm beyond pissed. I'm also having issues with music that i downloaded. I have a few albums that refuse to show up in the library, however when i search for the albums they show no problem. Why can't i have a simple music app that works?
    07-04-2015 04:38 PM
    I started the process of creating new playlists. I choose my song select "add to playlist" only to not see the song on my playlist (mind you I get the check mark and "added" message). Lol smh

07-04-2015 07:22 PM
    Ok so I finally did it after the whole day of surfing the web

07-04-2015 07:33 PM
    I found an article on the apple website that explained that there was a corrupted file with a % inserted. That added character corrupted the file. Don't know how that happened.

07-04-2015 07:34 PM
    I started the process of creating new playlists. I choose my song select "add to playlist" only to not see the song on my playlist (mind you I get the check mark and "added" message). Lol smh

I had the same thing happen to me and it took me forever to figure out what was happening. It seems that some songs will show up in a playlist right away, while others take a bit. I am not sure why some take a while. If you try to add a song, and it delays showing up in the playlist and in the meantime try to add another one....the second one will cancel out the first one and the first one will not show up. Pain in the *** and I don't have the answers for why. I just got into the habit of adding a song and immediately checking for it to show up in the playlist before moving on to the next addition.
    07-04-2015 07:43 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me and it took me forever to figure out what was happening. It seems that some songs will show up in a playlist right away, while others take a bit. I am not sure why some take a while. If you try to add a song, and it delays showing up in the playlist and in the meantime try to add another one....the second one will cancel out the first one and the first one will not show up. Pain in the *** and I don't have the answers for why. I just got into the habit of adding a song and immediately checking for it to show up in the playlist before moving on to the next addition.
    Thanks. I'm not happy camper right now. Music icon goes into the junk folder for now. I'll be sticking with spotify for awhile.

07-04-2015 07:45 PM
    Thanks. I'm not happy camper right now. Music icon goes into the junk folder for now. I'll be sticking with spotify for awhile.

Man I hear ya. I have been painstakingly recreating playlists in Apple Music when a huge part of me is like 'why'. Spotify is already set up from years of use. But I do like Beats radio a lot, I like album art in the playlists, and I like that because I am building already existing (in Spotify) playlists from scratch, I can build them in alphabetical order (I didn't do this in Spotify. I just added songs when I would think of them so there is not alphabetical order on my phone. Only the computer version has the auto sort feature).]
    mmcfly23 likes this.
    07-04-2015 07:51 PM
    Confusing, but will sign up for a year.
    07-04-2015 08:23 PM
    I'm having a lot of problems using the artist pages on the iPad. Tapping on albums and nothing happens makes it impossible for me to choose songs to play by searching for the artist and the album. Ridiculous.

07-04-2015 10:27 PM
204 ... 56789