Also, why does the "add to up next" not work properly? If you start playing an album or playlist and then go to queue another item, it adds the item after the current playing song. Subsequent add to up next actions work as expected (it adds the items after the previous queued items). What you originally started listening to is still at the end of the queue though. This has to be a bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 08:16 AM
    I liked it initially. Now that I'm out and about I've discovered my playlists on my device are missing. To listen to music I seem to have to stream.
    This is a nonstarter. I'm rushing all over the place now and can't play around with it.
    Not pleased this morning. I want my playlists to be locally stored. I may opt out of this as soon as I get home.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    07-03-2015 09:19 AM
    I liked it initially. Now that I'm out and about I've discovered my playlists on my device are missing. To listen to music I seem to have to stream.
    This is a nonstarter. I'm rushing all over the place now and can't play around with it.
    Not pleased this morning. I want my playlists to be locally stored. I may opt out of this as soon as I get home.

Have you downloaded your Music to offline?
    07-03-2015 09:35 AM
    No, I'm out running around and not near my laptop.
    This is not making me happy.
    Attachment 84461
    Attachment 84462

07-03-2015 09:36 AM
    It only takes a click of a button to make a playlist available offline. But just like Spotify this is not a default. You have to enable this.

What's your initial impression of Music?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1435931148.966465.jpg
    07-03-2015 09:46 AM
    I like it so far. wish I can move over my Spotify playlists.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-03-2015 09:56 AM
    I like it so far. wish I can move over my Spotify playlists.
    You and I both. I have been slowly recreating my playlists that exist in Spotify. BUT, the silver lining is that I have sorted my spotify playlists in alphabetical order by artist (on the desktop version) and am using that as a guide when re-creating in Music, so now my playlists will FINALLY be in order on my phone. I hated that so much (the fact that both Spotfiy and Music do not allow this mass sort in-playlist in the phone apps).
    07-03-2015 10:48 AM
    It only takes a click of a button to make a playlist available offline. But just like Spotify this is not a default. You have to enable this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1435931148.966465.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	84463
    How do I find my playlists to make them available offline? They're gone.

07-03-2015 11:10 AM
    How do I find my playlists to make them available offline? They're gone.

See in your screenshot above how "show music available offline" is toggled on? If it is still on, it will only show the music that is stored locally on your phone. Since you have made the music local yet, it won't show you much if anything. Turn that toggle switch off.
    07-03-2015 11:14 AM
    I want the music that is stored locally. The problem is my playlists that I had are gone.
    I want the playlists I've created through the years intact one device locally stored.

07-03-2015 11:17 AM
    I want the music that is stored locally. The problem is my playlists that I had are gone.
    I want the playlists I've created through the years intact one device locally stored.

I must have misunderstood from the get go. I never bothered with the Apple Music app prior to this update so I have no idea what has occurred with playlists prior to the new app. I thought you had created playlists 'since' the new version debuted and are having trouble locating them.
    07-03-2015 11:24 AM
    No, it's my previously created playlists that I've accumulated through years of iTunes purchases. I had carefully created playlists for things like, for example, cardio. Now my cardio playlist is gone. As are all my previously created collection of playlists.
    I'm extremely frustrated and not very happy.
    I had 12G of music in specific playlists. Gone.
    All I can select now are artists. My Genius playlists are gone too.
    Not happy. The more I try to get them back the more frustrated I get and the unhappier I become.

07-03-2015 11:28 AM
    I love it! I will be a lifelong user. The pre-made playlists such as "intro to" are perfect and I can find EVERYTHING I will ever need. The family plan works great as well. Maybe I missed it and it already is, but I am excited for it to come to Apple TV. In addition, my 14 year old daughter loves it and now I can prevent her from looking for FREE music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 11:38 AM
    Like now. Just got in my car. Try to get my fave 80 hair bands playlist and it's gone.

07-03-2015 11:39 AM
    Like now. Just got in my car. Try to get my fave 80 hair bands playlist and it's gone.

Are your playlists still on iTunes? If so you should still be able to sync them back to your phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 11:42 AM
    I hope they are. Oh man I HOPE they are.
    I won't be home until late tonight.

07-03-2015 11:43 AM
    No, it's my previously created playlists that I've accumulated through years of iTunes purchases. I had carefully created playlists for things like, for example, cardio. Now my cardio playlist is gone. As are all my previously created collection of playlists.
    I'm extremely frustrated and not very happy.
    I had 12G of music in specific playlists. Gone.
    All I can select now are artists. My Genius playlists are gone too.
    Not happy. The more I try to get them back the more frustrated I get and the unhappier I become.

My wife's playlist looked like yours. One song. I had to tap edit and go down the "Songs" list checking those she wanted. My playlist was still intact.??
    07-03-2015 12:49 PM
    Honestly if I'd known my playlists would disappear I wouldn't have done it. I'm going to try to end the trial early to get out of it.

07-03-2015 12:57 PM
    Honestly if I'd known my playlists would disappear I wouldn't have done it. I'm going to try to end the trial early to get out of it.

My playlists only disappeared after I turned off iCloud music library on my phone. Syncing with iTunes made them appear again on my phone.

07-03-2015 01:05 PM
    My playlists only disappeared after I turned off iCloud music library on my phone. Syncing with iTunes made them appear again on my phone.

Yah I'll have to deal with it tomorrow.
    I won't be at my laptop all day.

07-03-2015 01:08 PM
    No, I'm out running around and not near my laptop.
    This is not making me happy.
    Attachment 84461
    Attachment 84462

Please tell us if when you toggle back to show all music if your playlists come back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 03:51 PM
    Nope. Still all gone. Sadness

07-03-2015 04:21 PM
    Nope. Still all gone. Sadness

And is iCloud library under Settings > music checked on or off?

I wonder if your turn Apple Music and iCloud library completely off if they will come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 05:11 PM
    ok, I think I have wrapped my head around most of this iCloud library thing, but one more. If i decide to use iCloud music library, that means the music is then put on the cloud. if i want to listen to it on my device, do I have to download or stream in order to listen to it? or is it still stored locally on the phone or iPad?
    Sorry to mention it again. Does anyone know the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 07:26 PM
    Nope.
    Everything is still gone.
    First time since 2009 that I'm extremely disappointed in something Apple has done.
    Today I'll see how to drop out of this trial and see how I can get my playlists back.
    At least I've got my old iPod.

07-04-2015 03:58 AM
204 ... 45678 ...