Obviously yes. I meant adding it yourself from the beats 1 web page or from the app. Not cramming in everybody's calendar
    07-01-2015 07:12 PM
    I will not subscribe, and I'm not liking the new Music app.
    MrMars likes this.
    07-01-2015 08:42 PM
    I will not subscribe, and I'm not liking the new Music app.
    Yeah I agree- I find that I am forcing myself to use it... Have to stop myself from using spotify... I will give it the 3 months but don't see myself sticking with it
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    07-01-2015 08:51 PM
    I'm saving my free 3 months for the holidays. Love that Christmas music. Hopefully there will be some. 🏻
    07-01-2015 09:05 PM
    I've just turned off the auto renewal for Apple Music. It appears to have potential, but it doesn't offer anything that I'm not able to get from Spotify. While I suppose it would be nice to have everything in one app, i can't help but realize that I will likely never be able to use this app to play music on my PS4. So considering that, having one app for everything doesn't seem to matter much anymore. I'll be keeping an eye out for future developments to see how Apple progresses in the streaming market.
    07-01-2015 10:07 PM
    After using it for a little while now I am struggling to use it over Spotify. With Apple Music, I like the layout and the combination of my own music and music added from the Apple Music catalog but that's honestly it. If Spotify offered the same music locker type feature as Apple Music (and Google Play Music) then I would stay with Spotify...
    07-01-2015 10:21 PM
    I won't be subscribing. Music app is becoming way to busy...imo.
    07-01-2015 10:22 PM
    After spending 4 hours fixing the mess it created in my music library, I think it's a complete fail. At least I have a backup and know how to fix it. I'd hate to be one of their support people right now.
    07-01-2015 11:36 PM
    Day 2 of MUSIC wasn't as good as the first, as the bugs finally came out to get me. The songs wouldn't play, it kept asking me to join MUSIC even though I've already joined, and albums wouldn't go into my library until I finally restarted my phone just now. Works perfectly for now. Apple really needs to fix these bugs that's making the user experience below par to Apple's standards.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 11:57 PM
    Hi Basically I have two very specific issues.

- I believe you have seen elsewhere the playlist issue I am having where if I create a playlist in the phone app, and later when searching new music, go to add songs to the playlist, only certain ones show up in the playlist even though all show up in the library.

- Secondly, and this is similar to how my Spotify works, as I add songs to a playlist, they by default show up in the playlist in the order I add them. In the iphone app, there is no option to then auto-sort the songs by artist or name within the playlist (unless I manually move each and every one). However, in that same playlist in Apple Music on my Macbook, there is an option to auto sort those songs by Artist or Song Title with one click of a button. Despite doing that auto sort, it does not simultaneously cause that sorting action to display in the iphone app.

Sorry, it is clear in my head but challenging to describe.
    I just double checked mine and they are sorted by artist just like on my Mac. But I had another unrelated issue and wiped and restored my phone. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

All in all I like it and will pay for it for my family and I. I'm not very critical of stuff like this. It's music and it works good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-02-2015 12:09 AM
    So far very good. I have only been using for an hour or so, but like what I am seeing. I have spent most of my time playing curated play lists and like what I am hearing.

I do have a couple of questions. First, is there (will there be) a new iTunes being released along with Apple Music? Secondly, From my iPhone 6 Plus I added the album Yuck from Alipne to "My Music" and that worked as expected. I opened iTunes, and the album showed up in my music with Download from iCloud icon next to each song. Hovering over the icon produces the expected "Download from iCloud message, however, nothing happens when you click on the icon. Will Apple Music songs (1) not download to iTunes for off-line playing, (2) not download during the 3 month trial, or (3) require a new version of iTunes?

FYI - I am an Apple Match user.

Doug
    I was reading an article by imore and it says u need to turn off the itunes match in order to be able to listen to music offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-02-2015 01:37 PM
    not going to subscribe to it. in the uk apple are asking 10 for it($15.59) and I have the free version of Spotify or YouTube in a pinch. This whole thing is getting silly, we have to pay our carrier, our service provider and the thick end of a grand for a phone every couple of years, and Apple want 120 a year, for what ? I'll tell you what, sound quality that is not as good as the old cassette tapes that live in my van, that's what.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-02-2015 02:02 PM
    07-02-2015 02:29 PM
    ok, I think I have wrapped my head around most of this iCloud library thing, but one more. If i decide to use iCloud music library, that means the music is then put on the cloud. if i want to listen to it on my device, do I have to download or stream in order to listen to it? or is it still stored locally on the phone or iPad?
    07-02-2015 05:58 PM
    I haven't even begun to understand any of this iCloud Music Library thing and I don't want to.

I'm going to re-download all of my music I have in iTunes Match on my Mac and just save the library on my external drive for in case anything wrong happens.
    07-02-2015 06:06 PM
    I haven't even begun to understand any of this iCloud Music Library thing and I don't want to.

I'm going to re-download all of my music I have in iTunes Match on my Mac and just save the library on my external drive for in case anything wrong happens.
    It's basically the same has having iCloud photos. Just means your music is accessible on all your devices that you are signed into with your Apple ID.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    07-02-2015 07:31 PM
    It's basically the same has having iCloud photos. Just means your music is accessible on all your devices that you are signed into with your Apple ID.

I know. I just mean with this whole DRM thing and all.
    07-02-2015 07:41 PM
    Oh I see.

07-02-2015 07:42 PM
    I already have iTunes Match so it looks like I'm ok for DRM for now. When it's time to renew I'll have to figure it out. It's silly to have both but I don't like the idea of my music being DRM. I suppose as long as I maintain my original files that I've purchased, I don't care what they do to my cloud music, but I don't want anything I purchase from iTunes to be DRMd when I download it to my NAS. I think from reading the iMore piece that purchased content should be free and clear, it's just any uploaded or matched music that I later download will be DRM. As long as I keep my originals, I'll always have my free and clear music files so shouldn't be a big deal even though, yeah if I redownload it later or to another device, it won't be. Anything downloaded and saved to device via APple Music will be DRM for sure, and I would expect that since I never bought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-02-2015 08:10 PM
    It's pretty cool, still trying to figure a couple things out but I like it so far. I'll more than likely continue my subscription once the 3 months are up

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-02-2015 10:33 PM
    I have done a complete 180. Especially after having deleted the Connections tab at the bottom and having it replaced with a dedicated Playlists tab separate from the My Music tab. I can get to my playlists so much easier in Music than in Spotify. Also, I love the album art in playlists, and many of the hidden features that exist by tapping various things. Not intuitive, but once you know how to find these things and navigate it is pretty cool. I am 99% sure I will end my love affair with Spotify after 2 glorious years as a premium subscriber. And honestly, I never would have guessed it.
    07-02-2015 11:49 PM
    I have a mixed feeling, love the app , the playlist mess, sync issues,will decide after 3 months wheter i will continue with the subscription
    07-03-2015 12:22 AM
    Why can u add some songs to "my music" & other songs u can't from Beats 1 ? I was trying to add the Gavin James Bitter Pill song.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    07-03-2015 12:43 AM
    I hated it at first, but now like it more. I disabled Connect and was able to fix the battery drain by restoring from backup. That app is too busy and trying to be more than it should be though. I don't think a music fan had any input on the design.

I won't know if I truly like it until they get the icloud music library issues resolved. I want to use this feature, but do not want my data messed up again.
    07-03-2015 07:38 AM
    As I continue to use it, and replaced the connect tab as Finn noted, I'm finding it a little easier to navigate. I think aesthetically, the artist and playlist screens are very hot. The pop up menu when pressing the three dots, however, is not. I don't think it's very elegant at all. It's cluttered and not very pretty. Just a nitpick. Once I figured out you can tap an artist to go to their list of albums (instead of having to search), one of my main complaints about navigation was resolved. The lack of shuffle genre, artist, etc I think Apple will add in an update. Just like the iOS 6 and 7 music players, things like this that are taken away eventually get added back. I think one thing that really bites Apple is that they have to use an entire OS update to fix little things. If they allowed some system apps to be updated in the App Store, they could address little bugs or add things a lot easier.

My main gripe with the service aside from the matching issues (none for me thankfully, I think because I was already using iTunes Match) is that you have to add a song to your library in order to add it to a playlist or for your loved status or rating to to be used with a smart playlist. I'd love to have a playlist of loved tracks without having to do 2 actions. In Google Music and Spotify, you can easily star or like an item and it will be in a playlist automatically. You don't have to clutter your library if you don't want to and you don't have tap multiple times. In Apple music you have to add to a library before you can add to a playlist. I've created a smart playlist for loved tracks, but items that I've loved still have to be added to the library first. That means if I'm listening to a radio station or curated playlist and I like a song, I have to add to library, then love the track before it will show up in my smart playlist. That also means I can't do this from the lock screen. This is something I'm not convinced they will ever include in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 08:11 AM
204 ... 34567 ...