One more thing...Apple Music.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it strange that the only thing I cared about with this announcement was the HOPE that they got rid of cover flow within the music app?

I'm not someone who is really all that interested in getting heavily involved in this "ecosystem"...I don't really care what artists are going through or doing behind the music, I just want to enjoy the music I like with the simplicity that I expect from my iPhone in all other ways.

I'll obviously wait until I get some hands on time with the app, but what I truly want is absolute simplicity...I want to add music to my library and play it in whatever way I want to, in whatever orientation I want to, without a bunch of crap to weed through. I hope this will be possible...because what the keynote showed was anything but, and that is a bit frustrating.

Also, this radio station that plays music that is "great"...who decides that? The whole thing sounded a bit cheesy.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Cheesy doesn't even begin to describe this terrible announcement. Apple should never ever let this guy Iovine on the stage again. Wow.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Cheesy doesn't even begin to describe this terrible announcement. Apple should never ever let this guy Iovine on the stage again. Wow.

I felt like he was trying to sell me a used car while I watched it leak oil and smoke out of the tail pipe...it was kind of pitiful actually.

Also, Drake? Really? The guy is a total d*uche bag to everyone including his fans...his outbursts at the Outkast show last year in Atlanta were just child like, and it's interesting, given the amount of well known and positive artists, Apple would pick this dude to represent something they're pushing so hard.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This has become almost unwatchable...WTF?

M6MYaWi.gif

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think I would enjoy the music industry more if it didn't consist of people like Iovine because they ultimately are the ones putting so much bad music out there nowadays. This is why I don't respect someone like him.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't want to "connect" with artists or whatever. I'm anti subscription usually but I think I might give it a go since I wouldn't need to pay 25 for itunes match anymore (from my understanding). 120-25 =95. And I only buy itunes gift cards when they're running around 25-30 percent off. Sounds like a decent upgrade.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually pretty stoked for this and having everything in one app will be nice plus I just like the design of the music app compared to everything else. But I agree with the consensus that this WWDC was very underwhelming and the Music presentation was very poorly executed compared to Apple's usual flair.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Seriously. I don't understand people's obsession with wanting to know what they're up to. "Oh my god! Beyonce uploaded a 15 second video of herself rehearsing!"

Yeah I could care less about any of that.

Seeing new unheard of artist show their stuff might be interesting. But only if they show a wide variety of genre.

That is the one cool thing of connect that I'll check out but all this other 'social' I'll stay away from cause I also hate social media LOL.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Smoke and mirrors. This seems so useless and a lot of the features are already out there with out the monthly fee. Apple will make a killing on this no doubt. Put out something in a shiny new package, tell you how great it is, how badly you need it, how much it costs, where to get it..

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to "connect" with artists or whatever. I'm anti subscription usually but I think I might give it a go since I wouldn't need to pay 25 for itunes match anymore (from my understanding). 120-25 =95. And I only buy itunes gift cards when they're running around 25-30 percent off. Sounds like a decent upgrade.

I totally know what you mean by that. I have so many songs that if I had to re-purchase them all again, it would take literally thousands of bucks, and probably years to ever be able to rebuild all that from scratch. While iTunes Match in a way solves that problem, I've always felt that 35 bucks per month was one hell of a price to pay for music that you've already paid for, so I wound up just getting an mp3 player with a 64GB SD Card in the end, which fits nearly all of my songs on.However, I have always secretly wanted to listen to music on my iPhone, as it's such a nice device, and it would have its advantages (like having a built in speaker rather than headphones, it already being the main device I prefer to carry, and being able to search for songs by typing the name straight in rather than scrolling through long lists with physical keys just to play specific ones, etc.) So the new app being a flat-rate subscription of 9.99 definitely softens the blow a bit compared to the old iTunes Match method, and has made me tempted to finally do it the proper way.

Not bothered about all the social media side of the app to be honest, and it did kinda put me off seeing how it's likely to be filled with a bunch of D-Rate wannabe college kid homebrew style songs all over it (which kinda reminds me of the old MySpace, if anyone remembers that?) lol. But hopefully it'll be done in a non intrusive way like the recommended app purchases you get in the app store which you can just ignore if you want, and just search for what you actually want to listen to, so it's probably not so bad.