Is there a Siri command (either using the iPhone or Apple Watch) that will tell my iPhone 8 to play ONLY the music that is downloaded to it?
    I have tried turning OFF Cellular for streaming but all that does is cause a message to come up that cellular is turned off. I have tried within the Music app to show only the downloaded music, but Siri seems to ignore that and still plays my entire music library.
    (And yes, I know I can have the Music app show downloaded only and then shuffle the song list BUT not the safest thing to do while driving.)
    Thanks.
    11-08-2017 03:46 PM
    Hey there

hmm sounds like maybe those features still need polishing in iOS 11

How about creating a playlist and then just telling Siri to play that list?
    11-08-2017 09:11 PM
    “Play my downloaded songs”
    11-08-2017 09:17 PM
    That does not work. It will just start playing my entire library, regardless of whether the songs are on the iPhone or not.
    11-08-2017 10:47 PM
    Well, the songs are in Playlists - the ones that Apple creates (New, Chill, etc.). What I wanted was for Siri to randomly play songs from all the different playlists.
    11-08-2017 10:48 PM
    Is there a Siri command (either using the iPhone or Apple Watch) that will tell my iPhone 8 to play ONLY the music that is downloaded to it?
    I have tried turning OFF Cellular for streaming but all that does is cause a message to come up that cellular is turned off. I have tried within the Music app to show only the downloaded music, but Siri seems to ignore that and still plays my entire music library.
    (And yes, I know I can have the Music app show downloaded only and then shuffle the song list BUT not the safest thing to do while driving.)
    Thanks.
    I’ve been trying to do this ever since Apple Music was introduced.
    11-12-2017 07:31 PM
    Have you tried requesting a specific playlist? I say "Hey Siri, play my driving playlist" and she comes through...
    11-21-2017 01:54 PM