I couple of the songs in my library are labeled as "Mastered for iTunes". Now that we live in the age of Apple Music are the songs to be had on Apple Music meeting the "Mastered for iTunes" requirements? Is the music you get from Apple Music the same quality of actually purchased music?
    05-23-2017 05:14 PM
    I couple of the songs in my library are labeled as "Mastered for iTunes". Now that we live in the age of Apple Music are the songs to be had on Apple Music meeting the "Mastered for iTunes" requirements? Is the music you get from Apple Music the same quality of actually purchased music?
    There is no difference between streaming songs via Music and purchasing songs on iTunes.
    There is, however, an option in Settings under Music > Cellular Data to enable or disable High Quality Streaming. This option lets you stream songs in lower quality so that you don't burn through your data if you're not on an unlimited data plan.

"Mastered for iTunes" is simply put a technique from Apple to make music sound better. You can read more about it in the following PDF https://images.apple.com/itunes/mast...for_itunes.pdf which I got from https://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/.
    Quis89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 07:15 PM
    I personally can tell very little difference between music streamed and my purchased music.
    05-24-2017 08:41 AM
    I personally can tell very little difference between music streamed and my purchased music.
    That's because there isn't any. Unless you disabled High Quality Streaming for mobile data the quality is the same.
    05-24-2017 09:19 AM