Do Apple's audio options bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe most people don't really care about audio options and perfectly fine with Apple's only toe dipping into prebuilt sound settings that are incorrectly filed under equalizer. I myself find these options rather abhorrent and unfortunately, there really aren't any good options out there. Sure there are some apps that allow multi-band EQ however they sound forced and aren't accurate because Apple doesn't allow these changes in the system. I really, really wish Apple would some day at the very least include a true five-band equalizer if not a ten-band equalizer. Do Apple's current audio options bother anyone else or is it just me?

Remington Steel

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I believe most people don't really care about audio options and perfectly fine with Apple's only toe dipping into prebuilt sound settings that are incorrectly filed under equalizer. I myself find these options rather abhorrent and unfortunately, there really aren't any good options out there. Sure there are some apps that allow multi-band EQ however they sound forced and aren't accurate because Apple doesn't allow these changes in the system. I really, really wish Apple would some day at the very least include a true five-band equalizer if not a ten-band equalizer. Do Apple's current audio options bother anyone else or is it just me?

Thanks for addressing this! NO!! I wish there were better EQ options that are incorporated into iTunes/Apple Music. I miss Poweramp I had with Android. I don't see why Apple can't make audio options or Apps better suited to work with your music library.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm fine with it. I tend to leave my audio/EQ as flat and uncolored as possible, and let the sound profile of my headphones come through naturally.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm alright with it. If I had an issue with the sound quality as-is I'd be posting a different respond but it seems to work for me. Honestly though, the majority of the music I listen to is in my car via USB from my iPhone to my infotainment system which has its own set of audio controls.

Remington Steel

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm fine with it. I tend to leave my audio/EQ as flat and uncolored as possible, and let the sound profile of my headphones come through naturally.

I remember how when I downloaded the Poweramp app when I had my JBL 700 Elites, it was like it tapped into a whole new world of sound on them! My Beats with the current standard music "EQ" seem limited IMO.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I remember how when I downloaded the Poweramp app when I had my JBL 700 Elites, it was like it tapped into a whole new world of sound on them! My Beats with the current standard music "EQ" seem limited IMO.

Exactly this, you need to be able to fine tune the EQ in order to create the most pleasing soundstage for yourself as well as bringing out the best sound in earphones/headphones.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Exactly this, you need to be able to fine tune the EQ in order to create the most pleasing soundstage for yourself as well as bringing out the best sound in earphones/headphones.

I prefer a flat EQ and a very neutral/flat set of headphones. But that is my personal preference. If I've ever felt like I needed to fine tune the EQ, especially across multiple recordings, I usually just buy different headphones.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't bother me at all. I've had plenty of android phones that I could mess with audio options and I rarely, if ever, did. The sound from the iPhone is good and I would imagine that a very high percentage of consumers wouldn't use an eq if it was there.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I like it the way it is. I have had Walkmans with equalizer and back in the day when using Winamp as my main audio app on my windows computer and I ended up adjusting the EQ so often that it became an annoyance.

I find that the standard settings fitted me better.

Sometimes no option is the better option.

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
Call me a flat liner. I prefer to leave my phone’s EQ at a flat setting and let my headphones play it as is. The sound engineer who worked on the original recordings did a fairly good job so I’ll let their work stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro