New MacBook Pros

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The new 13” and 15” were quietly announced today. I priced out the 512gb storage one for $2800. With the upgrade to the i 9 processor and 32gb of RAM. With tax and AppleCare, I’m looking at about 4Gs.

I just got the 512gb 2.9 processor one last year when it was released. The new ones look good. They always do. But what am I going to do with all that power. That’s too much for me. I haven’t started on Final Cut or even iMovie for that matter. Not even the Xcode has been started yet. Been too busy with my job and my life and family.

IF. If I buy anything new this year it would either be a monitor or a 5K iMAC. That will be it. I’m thinking some of us are going to have to wait a year like we did with the 2016 models to see how these work out.

If anyone is getting one, let us know how they are. I’m pretty sure we’re going to see them on YouTube fairly soon.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use my 2009 model MacBook until I purchased my original 9.7" iPad Pro. Having said that, I'm sure I'll be using my 2017 MacBook Pro for quite some time. I don't have any intentions of buying a new 2018, 2019, 2020 or a 2021 year model, basting any accidents, of course. The MacBook Pro isn't something I would upgrade annually. There's no need for it, in my opinion.