What do you NOT LIKE about MacBooks?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about MacBook’s? Any of them.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT LIKE about MacBook’s?

Overpriced and somewhat underpowered. Only 1 USB C port, so you must use some sort of adapter to expand ports and those cost 50 to 150 extra.

That being said I DO have one and love it! lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a brand new MacBook Pro that I am having a blast using. Having said that, what I dislike about it is that it doesn’t have the following:

1. An Ethernet port
2. At least one traditional USB port
3. A card reader.

Obviously, the above items weren’t a deal breakers for me or I would not have purchased it.

Like a good deal of others, when I initially switch over from Windows 9 years ago, I felt that it was an overpriced computer with very limited use. Man, I’m so glad I didn’t return it because my initial assumption was so very wrong, but it took me a while to understand how it worked.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I think Apple sets their prices while having drinks at the bar intoxicated. I enjoy my MacBook but I'd be kidding myself if I said I didn't think it was over-priced, in my opinion. To pay that kind of money for a computer that can't even handling gaming in a similar capacity to Windows machines is rather insane. For the price you'd pay for a MacBook Pro you could get a fairly decent gaming PC that will handle what you'd throw at a Mac and then some. Though I love my MacBook for the integration it offers with my other Apple devices.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I agree that MacBook prices are insane. I also dislike the current trend of removing ports (this is for all computers now). I really don’t like that I can’t easily upgrade components so I could justify the cost of a “cheaper” MacBook and spend a little more elsewhere to make it better. Overall I enjoy my MacBook and I’m glad I bought it, they are just more user friendly than tech friendly.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I don’t mind the keyboard on mine. 2015. I have no issues with it.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I've brand new MBP. I would say lack of ports and touch screen. I went with the Mac because I can run both Windows and Mac OS on it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

What I don’t like is that even though my Early 2015 Pro is AMAZING, I still don’t use it any more than the Windows laptop that it replaced in December.

scastle123

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Lack of memory expansion. I have a Macbook Pro with 8 gig of ram. It was fine at the time I bought it, and, TBH, is mostly fine now, but I do some work requiring Virtual Machines which do require more RAM than 8 gig.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Dislikes of my 2016 MBP
  1. Price
  2. USB-C only ports
  3. No card reader
  4. No ethernet port
  5. No optical drive - not that big a deal, but still

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The price of MacBooks is what I don't like. Having said that I will probably replace my 2015 with a new one next year ...LOL

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
My dislikes in no particular order are as follows
1: price
2: keyboard (though it has improved vastly in the 2018)
3: lack of repairability
4: lack of upgradability
5: loss of MagSafe
6: storage pricing ( I mean I know I already mentioned pricing before but the price of storage is astronomical)
7: the naming of the products. ( I feel like the mbp escape and the air should fuse together to form the MacBook and the MacBook should become the air)
8: macOS. The simple fact that I like it way more than windows. The fact that I have tried to move away from it to no avail. At the end of the day I come back and am given a price increase as punishment. (I can do without an iPhone or an iPad but not a Mac which sucks.

I currently have a broken 2016 mbp 13” and am currently using the 2018 air until my sensible side eventually loses and I get the the 15 with Vega

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought the 15” MacBook Pro in July 2017. It replaced my late 2013 15” one. I really don’t have any complaints about it. I really probably don’t need the $2800 plus one. Not for what I do. Which right now is nothing.

The good thing about Apple, I think, is they are there when you need them. Either online, phone support, or the Genius Bar. I haven’t had any trouble with them. Maybe others have but I haven’t.

You buy what you want at the prices that they say you have to pay. What can you do? Either pay or go to Windows.

Last edited:

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The PRICE is crazy high to me especially since recently coming over from Windows. This is my first MacBook Pro and as an OG Windows user just for me to get a similar configuration to what I'm normally accustomed to I had to swallow a $2k price tag. Plus the fact that you can't upgrade the memory later. So either you gimp it with lower specs or you pay the mothership Apple as there is no middle ground with their pricing structure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW