Battery drained and MacBook Pro not charging (dim green light on charger)

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to get a new HDD for my MacBook Pro 14" Mid 2012 and ordered a Seagate 1 TB SSHD with 8 GB NAND from Amazon a few days ago.

Received it today, installed it myself and was able to install a new Mac OS X installation on it, but noticed that during the installation the charger light is off and that the Mac is not charging at all but using the battery instead.

Tried to charger on another Mac and it was working fine, inserted it back into my Mac and it kept the green light for a few seconds and started dimming till it became almost unnoticeable except at low light conditions.

The battery is completely drained now and I am not able to turn the Mac on again, so what are my options :/. Thanks all.

Note: I never noticed any issues with the battery, or decreased battery life or even a sudden decrease in percentage.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but it's possible that the inherent Settings that control how the battery charges is corrupted, and therefore, I recommend that you reinstall the operating system.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but it's possible that the inherent Settings that control how the battery charges is corrupted, and therefore, I recommend that you reinstall the operating system.

Huh? Sorry, but what? Anyways in case that's not sarcasm, I installed a new HDD so I was already installing a new OS X + the battery is fully drained now and the charger is not charging the device at all which means the device no longer turns on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Huh? Sorry, but what? Anyways in case that's not sarcasm, I installed a new HDD so I was already installing a new OS X + the battery is fully drained now and the charger is not charging the device at all which means the device no longer turns on.

Sarcasm noted. Having said that, I've never owned a MacBook Pro, however, my MacBook can be powered on without the battery so I assumed the same for the MBP. My apologies for my ignorance.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sarcasm noted. Having said that, I've never owned a MacBook Pro, however, my MacBook can be powered on without the battery so I assumed the same for the MBP. My apologies for my ignorance.

It probably can be powered on without a battery, mine isn't though for some reason. Idk why :/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73