2014 MacBook Pro or MacBook Air

trey19841

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am about to buy my first Mac and I am having trouble deciding witch one to get. I pretty sure I want a 13 inch. But I don't no if I want the pro for the retina screen or the air for the thin and light and battery life. I don't really do any editing or anything like that but I am on the road a lot with my job and I watch a lot of movies on Netflix and I have a lot of movie on iTunes. Other than that I listen to music a lot and I surf the web and email a lot just the normal stuff anybody does. Does anybody have any suggestions

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
For all the everyday, normal stuff like you listed, there's really no noticeable difference. Where it the rMBP would make a difference is if you are doing things that take advantage of the quad-core processor in the rMBP vs the dual-core in the Air. Things like video editing and encoding, probably some games, etc.

The rMBP has a dual-core CPU as well

Sent from my GS4 running GPE 4.4.4

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The screen is beautiful, but sometimes I miss my Air, especially the 11" which is what I had. The battery life on the pro is good, but the Air's is amazing. If I had to choose again I'd pick the pro though due to the screen. I can't even use an 11" Air at this point because the screen is such a low res. The 13" isn't as bad.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
For me anything less than 1080p is unacceptable in 2014. This is a dealbreaker for the MBA for me, though in all other respects it meets all my needs. It is still high def and 1440x900 is not bad (I liked it on the Dell Vostro 1400 I bought....IN 2008!) but just not enough for me on a premium laptop like a MacBook.

Road Warriors will appreciate the mobility and battery life of the MBA but if you are mostly keeping it on a desk, go for the rMBP. The screen has to be seen to be believed. It is a wonderful laptop.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My MBA is basically just a brain which is why the screen resolution is not important to me. I only move it room to room but have the option of taking it on the road and not adding too much weight.
The choice is there if a user wants a Retina display. Just depends on what a user desires or needs.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have always used the Pro but my wife recently switched from the Air to the 13" Macbook Pro. She prefers it so much over her Air, mainly for the beautiful screen. One thing I never really paid attention to but she noticed is the different color bezel around the screen for both notebooks. She much prefers the black bezel of the Pro to the grey one on the Air. She finds it just blends in better with the rest of the screen and makes it a little less noticeable. The only thing which is obviously better is the battery life that she got on the Air, but it wasn't enough for her to not keep using the Pro.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2