I want to get a new laptop for my accounting firm? Which one would be better? A MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? I run accounting software as well as Parallels and the full 2011 Micrsoft Office suite. I also use it for personal reasons like music, video and pictures. Can someone please help me make the right choice?
    06-03-2014 11:59 PM
    Either would be fine for those uses.
    06-04-2014 07:31 AM
    Welcome to iMore Pisin Monki

Both are capable devices for your suggested uses
    06-04-2014 08:13 AM
    I want to get a new laptop for my accounting firm? Which one would be better? A MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? I run accounting software as well as Parallels and the full 2011 Micrsoft Office suite. I also use it for personal reasons like music, video and pictures. Can someone please help me make the right choice?
    I suggest MacBook Air as its perfect for your kinda work. Its powerful, sleek and you save money. All the best for your new device.
    06-04-2014 09:04 AM
    I used a MBA for a consulting business I had a couple of years ago as I traveled from client to client and the MBA weight and footprint is great. I now use a MBPr as my single work / personal machine, as the weight is not really that much different (< 1 pound) and I just transport from office to home. Since you are looking to use for photo's and video perhaps the MBPr would be a better choice. As all have indicated both will support the accounting and other software requirements.
    06-05-2014 06:24 AM
    Macbook Pro is the best solution I think. I am using a macbook pro with my online bookkeeping services software and its working smoothly.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 06-18-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-18-2017 01:35 PM
    I would suggest a Pro simply because of the screen. If you are looking at the screen all day its going to be much less straining on your eyes with the retina screen.
    08-30-2017 08:38 PM