Do you ever consider going back to a Windows machine?

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I think you should use whatever fits you, I have some friends who are developers, some Web developers (Frontend and backend) and some for Android, some of them uses Linux, others Windows and others Apple, some even work for the same company and in the same projects, so I think it depends of several factors, maybe you want a high end computer to work and gaming, maybe the software you use is not suitable in another platform and maybe it's simply what you have so it's what you know so far.

My father is a musician, he actually uses a Windows Laptop (Win7) and a MBP (MC375LL/A) for work, and both for everything else.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Periodically i think about going back to a Windows device and then i have to do something on my daughters Surface and I'm quickly reminded of how I prefer the Mac OS

groy22799

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I was raised Mac...moved to Microsoft around the time of Windows 95, as that is what they were using in a class I was taking. Stuck with Windows for a long time due to working in the IT field and having to support it. I had the opportunity to transition back to Apple and ran a duel-boot OS X and Windows 10 MacBook Air at my previous job. I have moved on to another position and am now using my 2010 MBP and have Windows and Linux VirtualBox's. It runs like a dog, but it's a workhorse. :) Hoping to update one day...I don't know how much longer this machine will cut it. With that said, I enjoy using all operating systems, but Apple allows versatility that other machines don't.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
While I am happy with my current machine I am desperately in need of an upgrade. I won't upgrade to the latest mbpr as it does not meet my needs any cannot justify paying so much for the 2015 so I find myself looking at a couple Windows machines

Last edited:

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I always figured one day i will... but i'm too messed up with the Apple eco system with paid apps...

i'm comfy where I am.. for me Security/malware etc is not even an issue on either. It's more to do with paid apps i paid $$ for over the years that keeps me...

Apple does good work..even despite of all of their problems.

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I have to go back to windows but not by choice. Some of the softwares that I use do not have a mac alternative. So I have to have a windows laptop or a desktop for those. Other than that I do all my work on a 2015 macbook pro 13

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've never left windows and wouldn't ever get a mac!

Bang for buck the hardware you get with PC is much better value than an equivalent priced mac

In many cases it'd be the same software you're using.

And I just prefer the way windows works over Mac OS

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
My grandfather just gave me a problematic Windows PC. It lasted about 12 minutes before I clean installed Linux on it. I was excited to use Windows 7 again...until I used windows 7 again!

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
While I am happy with my current machine I am desperately in need of an upgrade. I won't upgrade to the latest mbpr as it does not meet my needs any cannot justify paying so much for the 2015 so I find myself looking at a couple Windows machines

I have to say in the last year there are so many great windows PCs. It was such a wasteland for so long! A sea of netbooks and crappy heavy Dell/HP cheap, thick, plastic bricks with 100,000 ports I will never use. External SATA? Proprietary docking? I think the MacBook Air (and maybe Surface helped too) inspired the OEMs to make great laptops. I admit I don't love windows 10, but it isn't windows 8 which was so horrible!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an iMac that I've had numerous problems with. My wife got a cheap Dell laptop that I'll use on occasion. Don't think I'd go back to Windows myself permanently, but it's much better than it used to be.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Windows was been a disease to personal computing experience since its very first version. After years making the life of their users miserable, it keeps selling and spreading. So unsafe an unreliable, still an operating system that is unable to protect itself, along with Windows you better purchase an anti virus, pishing, malware, bloatware, firewall, etc product.
So Windows is like politicians, it costs a lot, is as corruptible, and it only offers a calculator to the user. But it is also a miracle that such a product is being purchased by so many, and his owner is one of the richest men on earth.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I got so used to apple. it just works very well for me and the MacBooks don't lose that much value, you can still sell a MacBook from 2012 even if it's defect and you'll get some money back. And even MacBook Airs are great work machines, they just run and run and run... I always had problems with windows notebooks, had to recover them, they had viruses etc.. and in those 5 years of MacBook I didn't have a single issue. And when I saw a windows computer with windows 10 running, I was like "uhm nah thanks" lol. I prefer Mac OS over Windows any time.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Like many of you, I was a big time Windows user starting with Windows 3.0 (I think), all the way up to Vista. I also dabbled with every Linux distribution available at the time, but I opted to buy a MacBook as a gift to myself (yep) in February 2009. I can't imagine using anything else or even going back to a Windows machine. To those of you who have made the switch personally - I know some of you have to use Windows at work - do you ever consider going back to Windows?

At the moment there is only one brand that has the potential to make me switch and thats Razer. I was in a similar boat as you, i was using Windows from XP days all the way up to Windows 7. But then i switched to OSx. To be honest, I've never looked back and i just love it so much. IMO its miles better :D

The Razer Blade with its GTX 1060 and UHD screen is awesome but costs the same as a 15" Macbook Pro. For almost half the price i could get a non touch bar 13" Macbook Pro and be very happy so its tough.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My home internet is my jet pack from Verizon. I don't have wifi. I have dish and don't want their satellite. I have always had HP's and windows. Starting with XP then Vista to windows 7 and then 10. I preferred 7. I am not a windows 10 fan. My laptop as nice as it was became very glitchy and slow. I do think it was the jet pack as well but with my Mac Pro it is blazing fast and no issues so it had to be the HP I did. Do a complete restore on it because am selling it. I am done with windows and all in the Apple ecosystem. I am loving it and not looking back. I want it all on the same platform.