Do you ever consider going back to a Windows machine?

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 15" Macbook Pro with a 1TB hard drive....my main thing I use it for is recording music, however I do occasionally use it for work. With that said, I had to put Windows 7 on 100GB of my hard drive because using Citrix on a Mac is not that smooth.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I pretty much mentioned to myself that I probably not go back to windows. But in most cases I cannot leave windows out of the picture, windows 8 still works and I do like windows 8; so it would be interesting as to what microsoft has planned for windows 9.

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I pretty much mentioned to myself that I probably not go back to windows. But in most cases I cannot leave windows out of the picture, windows 8 still works and I do like windows 8; so it would be interesting as to what microsoft has planned for windows 9.

There won't be a version 9. MS went straight to 10. The Technical Preview is out for 10 if you want to install it on a VM and play with it.

Windows Technical Preview - Windows Insider Program - Microsoft Windows

For the original question I use Windows at work and mostly Linux Mint at home.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have it installed on my Surface Pro 3, it's a great device! My mac is a pos not sure if I will ever buy one again

Sakroz

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I did switch 2 years ago but unless you need a specific software that only runs on Windows or you want to broaden your gaming horizon I see no reason for to switch to Windows PC. Although Windows has come a long way, in my opinion OS X > Windows.

imort

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Like many of you, I was a big time Windows user starting with Windows 3.0 (I think), all the way up to Vista. I also dabbled with every Linux distribution available at the time, but I opted to buy a MacBook as a gift to myself (yep) in February 2009. I can't imagine using anything else or even going back to a Windows machine. To those of you who have made the switch personally - I know some of you have to use Windows at work - do you ever consider going back to Windows?

I'm using an iPad for few years and happy with it
But I didn't like the iPhone and MacOS too

Apple makes very good hardware but I just didn't like MacOS that's all
And I also didn't like the idea installing Windows on it it's just looks silly
Have to help few friends with that :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I actually retired my iPad for awhile and used a Surface Pro 3 for a few months last year. I absolutely could not get used to using Windows and found so many glitches that I ended up selling my SP3 and went back to my iPad again as my day to day. I'll never say never bc I am a total tech dork, but I think it'll be awhile before I try that again.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I never left. The entry price is too rich for my blood. Or, maybe I'm just cheap. :)

Lol. I'm cheap, too, but I really don't like Windows. In our house, we have one copy of Windows running on a virtual machine off of my husband's Linux box. He only uses it for work purposes. I have my MBP and iPad for personal use. I do use Windows at work, but that's bc that's what we have here.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Surface Pro 4 actually made me decide against buying another Windows laptop. Continuous battery life issues, random bugs that I never had on other laptops or custom-built desktops, and still only so-so support for DPI scaling were just some of my concerns. I've considered really committing to try MacOS because of this, and now that I've switched to IOS from Android, it's even more tempting.

I won't give up Windows on my gaming desktop, but for other purposes i do think a Mac is in my future.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The desktop and laptop(Dell) run windows 10. I have win 10 bootcamped on my late 2013 15" rMBP. It's okay but I only use it occasionally. I don't know about the new MacBook Pros, seems a little too much in price, and what happened to the lit apple? I can't believe they took that out.

Nomatiti

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I bought iMac when I was 13 years old about tree years ago. I was amazed how much better it was than windows. This year when I needed laptop to school I bought a MacBook Air and I don't regret it a bit. But still I have to use windows for some things and for that I use parallels.

D

Deleted member 488356

I have 2 laptops with Windows 10 OS and a macOS Sierra.
Love to buy a MacBook Pro 15", but will wait for more review and earn more $$$.
I like both OS, because I can learn about the both OS.

iLuis23

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Lmfao! Same! Her Windows laptop is insanely unreliable. My MacBook has frozen on me ONCE since I had the white 2009 MacBook. Lol! That's the only problem I've ever encountered on a Mac so far.

iLuis23

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
no. every time my mom wants me to fix her windows laptop, I have the urge to trash it after 5 minutes of use.

Lmfao! Same! Her Windows laptop is insanely unreliable. My MacBook has frozen on me ONCE since I had the white 2009 MacBook. Lol! That's the only problem I've ever encountered on a Mac so far

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods