I deleted the trash on my iPad gmail and this deleted my notes. How can I get them back?

I

iMore Question

I deleted the trash on my Ipad gmail and this deleted my notes.

After deleting my trash on gmail, on my Ipad, I noticed that my notes were also deleted. I keep lists on this app (notes) but do not know how it is linked to gmail.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: I deleted the trash on my Ipad gmail and this deleted my notes.

Sounds to me that gmail can be your default account for creating notes (as it was on mine, before iOS9) BUT I don't see how erasing the trash would affect notes. Anyway here is a couple of things you can do:

Go to settings --> mail, contacts, calendars and in every account (gmail, iCloud or any other you prefer) turn off/on the notes option to see if that brings them back.

Also just go to the notes app and see if you are not just seeing those on iCloud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I deleted the trash on my Ipad gmail and this deleted my notes.

For Gmail, if Notes are toggled on in Settings, then the Notes will appear in the Notes app. If Notes are toggled Off in Settings, then the Notes will appear in the Notes folder in Mail.
That's if Gmail was enabled in the Notes app.

Actually, they are in the Notes folder regardless. But you only see the Notes folder with notes toggled off in Settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh