My iPad has seized up. Screen picture still there but no icons. iPad won't even turn off. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

Ipad has seized up. Screen picture still there but no icons. iPad won't even turn off.

If we scan get it to work, we suspect the removal of map files will clear the memory.

Marlak

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ipad has seized up. Screen picture still there but no icons. iPad won't even turn off.

Thanks. How do we do that when the screen picture is all we have. Icons have disappeared and "OFF" button does not respond. We can slide down to activate the Q&A lady but she offers no constructive help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ipad has seized up. Screen picture still there but no icons. iPad won't even turn off.

Thanks. How do we do that when the screen picture is all we have. Icons have disappeared and "OFF" button does not respond. We can slide down to activate the Q&A lady but she offers no constructive help.

Is it zoomed up? If so, tap the screen with 2 fingers 3 times.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

You don't need to use the screen. Just press & hold the home & power buttons at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk