My iPhone is stuck after 'Erase all content and settings', how can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone is stuck after 'Erase all content and settings'

I didn't like the jailbreak on my iPhone and decided to 'Erase all content and settings.' It rebooted and the white/grey bar filled up and then it rebooted again. Now it is just stuck, the bar is just grey, no action. I tried to use the power and home button to reset my phone. It goes off and then the apple logo appears and then the bar appears and the same thing happens all over again.

P.S. I have an iPhone 4s and it is running iOS 8.1.1

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: My iPhone is stuck after 'Erase all content and settings'

Have you tried connecting your device to the computer and see if iTunes recognizes it?

Adam Patel2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I tried connecting it to iTunes. It has now gone into recovery mode because I pressed the home and power button and kept holding th home button after the apple logo appeared. :) Thanks.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

You should not erase all content and settings on a JB phone in the future, if you don't want the JB anymore, just factory restore it via iTunes.
Now that your phone is stuck after pressing the erase button, all you can do is to download the latest firmware or IPSW. Next you put your phone in DFU mode then connect it to your computer while iTunes is open. iTunes will recognize that the is a phone in recovery mode which is connected to the computer. Follow onscreen instructions to finish the installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2