Why aren't my husbands contacts appearing on my iPad?

I

iMore Question

My husbands contacts are appearing on my iPad

I do not want to sync with my husband or him with me. He also can get my emails off my iPad

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: My husbands contacts are appearing on my iPad

Are you using the same Apple ID? And where is the email syncing from, ie, is it Gmail confined to the Gmail app, the Apple ID email, or some other email address and/or app? If it is due to the Apple ID, sadly Apple has designed that system to generally be a 1 person thing, hence the addition of family sharing, etc in the last few years, so that family members can share music, apps, etc, while keeping your core Apple ID individual.

If it is more of an annoyance issue with email that you don't want to read that mail and have it appearing on your iPad, you should be able to go into Settings, then select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then you should be able to select the account that is syncing with the iPad and disable mail, contacts, etc.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You need separate iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime ID's. You can share the same iTunes ID. But the others need to be different.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site

You need separate iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime ID's. You can share the same iTunes ID. But the others need to be different.

Yes, you need to make separate apple ID. Since the email addresses and phone numbers for sending and receiving iMessages are associated with your Apple ID, what you’re essentially doing when sharing an Apple ID is configuring both your own device and your sister’s to use the same addresses for iMessage.

Personal iMessages going to a shared iPad? Here's how to fix it! | iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox