Trying to delete Apps on iPad - but no 'X' comes up when they jiggle. How can I delete apps?

I

iMore Question

Trying to delete Apps on iPad - but no 'X' comes up when they jiggle

Hi brains trust,

I installed Inbox for Gmail and now I'm unable to delete it (reason being that I get duplicate notifications EVERY time I get another email).

I press the home button until all the icons jiggle but there are no "x"es at the top left of any of the icons :-/

Can anyone shed some light on how to get the "x'es back?

Not sure what kind of emotional state my iPad is in.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trying to delete Apps on iPad - but no 'X' comes up when they jiggle

First do a hard reboot by pressing the home button and the sleep/wake button together for about ten seconds until the apple logo displays then let go and try it once it reboots

If not then....

Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage (Device Storage)

Then tap the apps in the list and tap delete at the bottom. Then download them again if you need to.

Pippypops

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

HI Darran,

Thanks for your help so far :)

I've tried both the methods you've suggested. The reboot doens't make any difference and when I go to Manage Storage there is no option for device Storage or indeed any method to delete (at the bottom or otherwise).

I've also tried to sync with iTunes and then delete the app in iTunes and then sync again. Whilst the app dissappears from iTunes, it remains on my iPad.

So I guess I need a solution whereby I can delete any app I want.
I am using MacBook Air and I think the iPad is an iPad 3? (The last of the fat ones before the slim ones were released).

Hope this info helps you to help me :)

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Have a look in settings>general>restrictions and make sure deleting apps is turned on!

??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73