I recently changed my power/volume button strip so had my phone apart. Everything seemed to go ok but when tidying up i found a couple of pieces that i obviously didn't put back on.

1. a washer (think located under the board near the camera not exactly sure where. its a kind of rectangle shape with a bit cut off the side and little bit sticking out.

2. a kind of cover, small metal with two smalls holes in it and the edges folded

I know the descriptions are very vague ( i wasn't sure how to add photos)

Any help saying what they are/where they go/ are they important etc...

Thanks
    04-08-2015 11:11 AM
  2. HankAZ said: Best Answer

I recently changed my power/volume button strip so had my phone apart. Everything seemed to go ok but when tidying up i found a couple of pieces that i obviously didn't put back on.

1. a washer (think located under the board near the camera not exactly sure where. its a kind of rectangle shape with a bit cut off the side and little bit sticking out.

2. a kind of cover, small metal with two smalls holes in it and the edges folded

Thanks
    Important? Probably not. Apple has been known to waste their bank on superfluous parts just to confuse the do-it-yourself crowd.

Go to iFixIt.com and look at the walkthroughs for repairs to see what the parts are and where they go.

This gives a whole new meaning to "don't try this at home".

Thanks
    Important? Probably not. Apple has been known to waste their bank on superfluous parts just to confuse the do-it-yourself crowd.

Go to iFixIt.com and look at the walkthroughs for repairs to see what the parts are and where they go.

This gives a whole new meaning to "don't try this at home".
    04-08-2015 01:58 PM