I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about Apple desktops? Any of them.
    01-22-2018 11:43 AM
    The Mac mini has so many untapped possibilities. Apple just let it fall by the wayside and ignored it.
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    01-22-2018 12:10 PM
    I haven’t used an actual Apple desktop since high school, however, they are ridiculously expensive. The screens are as well, for Apple ones. Unless you have heavy duty tasks you need to do, the desktops don’t really offer a huge difference over the MacBook’s. Make it worth the money you charge Apple.
    01-22-2018 10:16 PM
    You’re really going all out with these threads aren’t yah?

I’m gonna say that my iMac is very unstable with starting up and general loading. It’s atrocious sometimes so much that I just don’t shut it down anymore and leave it in standby. Would like to make it into a Fusion Drive, but that would require more work than I’m willing to do.
    01-23-2018 06:29 AM
    I have been using iMacs since 2008 when our company converted from the PC and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have never even bought the extended Apple Care because I never needed it. The machines are reliable and the software has the best support in the business.

Sorry no negative comments from this loyal user. But have been using iMacs since 2008 and not looking back. Best decision I ever made.
    01-24-2018 05:01 PM
    I have been using iMacs since 2008 when our company converted from the PC and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have never even bought the extended Apple Care because I never needed it. The machines are reliable and the software has the best support in the business.

Sorry no negative comments from this loyal user. But have been using iMacs since 2008 and not looking back. Best decision I ever made.
    I haven't bought an Apple desktop since the late 90's, but that thing lasted almost 10 years (passed it along to my mom after I got my MacBook).

Side note: I saw the iMac Pro yesterday and that thing is super nice. The display is crazy good!!!
    01-25-2018 09:26 AM
    It really comes down to mastery for me. I’m very proficient with a PC.

But I do find the Mac very Sexy
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-25-2018 06:14 PM
    I haven't bought an Apple desktop since the late 90's, but that thing lasted almost 10 years (passed it along to my mom after I got my MacBook).

Side note: I saw the iMac Pro yesterday and that thing is super nice. The display is crazy good!!!
    I have also thought about going off and buying a new iMac Pro base unit, the 5K price tag is just a little on the high side for me.

I can buy a nice used Mac Pro multi core unit and LG 27” 5K display and still save some money. Decisions decisions.
    01-26-2018 06:07 AM
    SSD should be standard, my MacBook Pro leaves my Mini in the dust just trying to open Word or Excel.
    02-06-2018 11:54 PM