External storage/Drobo 5D

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to purchase a retina iMac.
In preparation, I've been looking at external hard drives to store my DSLR photos & Final Cut Pro X files.
A photographer told me about the Drobo line. Wondering if anyone here has/had any experience with their products.

Thank you

Thank you

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to purchase a retina iMac.
In preparation, I've been looking at external hard drives to store my DSLR photos & Final Cut Pro X files.
A photographer told me about the Drobo line. Wondering if anyone here has/had any experience with their products.

Thank you

I have a 5N connected to my home network. It has proven to be reliable, and while it's not as fast as a direct-connect drive, it's fast enough for my purpose. It's connected to my network via cat5 direct to my router and my rMBP is connected via wifi (802.11n). I have it configured with double disk redundancy, so the five 2 TB drives net out to about 5.5 TB of storage space with double redundancy. I have had a drive go bad, and recovery is as easy as it could be. Just pop out the drive with the red alert light, and stick a new drive in its place. Within a couple of hours all of your data is rebuilt, and Bob's your uncle.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Trying to get as much info as I can, pros & cons, before I make that type of financial & trust commitment.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Gathering as much info, pros & cons, as possible before I make that kind of investment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73