What Do You Use At Home - A MAC Desktop/Laptop Or A PC?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What is your choice of computer at home just like the title - What is your preference and why?

I personally use a Windows PC Running Windows 7 Professional and am sure one day I might change to MAC.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 15" rMBP that I love. I won't go back to windows at home although I use it daily at work. It just works for me.
I do remember you referring to it always being on your lap...lol I actually wish I had the need for a machine like that sop it would warrant what I would have to spend to buy one. :)

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 21" iMac as my home machine. Love the speed and screen. OSX is much better for traditional computing than Windows 8.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPad Air using iMore Forums

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Windows tower Windows 7 Pro at home but looking to switch to a MAC. Work is all IBM/Lenovo but I might go MAC there too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I started off with what i have and to all you MAC hounds in a good way, One of these days I will start out slow with a MBP with minimal pricing until I learn, at that time once i get good and make a transition I can always sell to buy better and that is my goal. For now I actually like what I am using as much as all you lucky MAC users. :)

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am running W8.1 on desktop, and Fedora 20 on laptop. If there were licenses available, would almost certainly be running something with OS X. There are next to no differentiating premium hardware components inside the computers Apple sells, the OS is the core component, unavailable elsewhere, and am not about to pay for hardware I do not need, to gain an operating system that would be very nice, but do not need. It is frustrating to me as things currently stand, but am hopeful of change.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Mac mini with 2.6 gHz i5 processor and 8 GB RAM. Also have an old HP desktop with Solus Linux installed, but it's not hooked up at the moment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR