Apple Card Usage

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a few questions about the card. I am thinking of applying for the Apple Card but not sure.

1. Looking at the Apple Card advertisement, Apple said "no fees, period". Just want to make sure that is accurate and true? I guess you can't have a late fee.

2. If I use the card and have a balance of 2500 and only pay 300 then does Apple charge a fee for it? Discover, for example, charges a fee for it for keeping a balance.

3. It is too bad you can't use the Apple Card like a debit card in the sense where a teenager could use it.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a few questions about the card. I am thinking of applying for the Apple Card but not sure.

1. Looking at the Apple Card advertisement, Apple said "no fees, period". Just want to make sure that is accurate and true? I guess you can't have a late fee.

2. If I use the card and have a balance of 2500 and only pay 300 then does Apple charge a fee for it? Discover, for example, charges a fee for it for keeping a balance.

3. It is too bad you can't use the Apple Card like a debit card in the sense where a teenager could use it.

The "fee" you are talking about is "interest". That's SOP for most if not all credit cards. Thats how the banks and card issuers make money. Essentially they front you with money you don't have, and just ask for a small fee in return as you pay over time. You're just allowing them to "wet their beak" month over month. to your last point, AppleCard Family has launched, so now its possible to share with minors (13 and older) enrolled in Family Sharing.

Last edited:

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I am aware of how credit cards work but Apple says "No fees, period" I guess they are excluding late fees.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I am aware of how credit cards work but Apple says "No fees, period" I guess they are excluding late fees.

I was curious about this, so I did some research. I found this information on CNBC's Website:

"The Apple Card’s fees

The Apple Card is one of the few cards on the market that has no fees whatsoever. There are no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees and no late payment fees.

That said, you can still incur interest charges if you don’t pay your bill in full every month. The current variable APR is 10.99% to 21.99% based on your creditworthiness, which is pretty similar to other cards.

Unfortunately, this card doesn’t offer any interest-free financing options, so if you use it to pay for big ticket purchases, such as a new iPhone 11, you’ll want to pay the balance in full so you don’t incur interest.

If you want to pay off new purchases over time, consider the Chase Freedom Unlimited®, which offers a 0% APR for the first 15 months from account opening (then a 14.99% to 23.74% variable APR)."

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the information. It sounds like Apple Card is a lot like Discover where there is no annual fee but you will get charged a fee for keeping a running balance. I was thinking of the Apple Card for my daughter to use when she goes away to college in Fall 2022. I can track her spending plus put a limit on the amount.

The other thing I was thinking was does Apple give you a physical card to use? I know you can add it to the Wallet but, again, I am thinking more/less of if my daughter uses the card.

anon(10729025)

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the information. It sounds like Apple Card is a lot like Discover where there is no annual fee but you will get charged a fee for keeping a running balance. I was thinking of the Apple Card for my daughter to use when she goes away to college in Fall 2022. I can track her spending plus put a limit on the amount.

The other thing I was thinking was does Apple give you a physical card to use? I know you can add it to the Wallet but, again, I am thinking more/less of if my daughter uses the card.

Yes there is a physical card that you can request

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I am planning on sharing the Apple Card with the rest of the family as a means to track activity and set limits. Earlier that is what I was talking about so when my daughter goes off to college then she will be part of the Family Sharing and use the card.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my Apple Card and Apple Pay at the local Publix here in Florida for about 7 mounts now, I primarily use it for the grocery store and I do enjoy the cash back I accumulate at the end of the month.

I have also used it for occasionally for gas at the pump, but most of the time I have been paying cash for gas because they give a 10 cent discount a gallon for cash which adds up.

I always pay off my balance at the end of the month and then apply my cash back to my balance every couple of months after it builds up a little bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234