Has anyone received an invite to apply for Apple Card?

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn’t get an invite, but also could apply through wallet. Got a 17.99% rate and I have an 820 FICO score...not sure how they come up with the rate. But in 6 months I can request a lower rate. And I won’t be carrying a balance so...

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn’t get an invite, but also could apply through wallet. Got a 17.99% rate and I have an 820 FICO score...not sure how they come up with the rate. But in 6 months I can request a lower rate. And I won’t be carrying a balance so...

Those are my exact same sentiments. You should be getting a 9 or 10% rate on a credit card with a credit score like that.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No cards are giving that rate anymore, 12.99% is about a low as one is to expect. Even high end cards like Chase Sapphire Reserve is at 16.9% - 23.4%. The interest rate should be moot as you should not be carrying a balance anyway. Credit Cards if used wisely makes you money and adds security to your purchases. One should never buy something on credit they can't afford to buy with cash the same day.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
No cards are giving that rate anymore, 12.99% is about a low as one is to expect. Even high end cards like Chase Sapphire Reserve is at 16.9% - 23.4%. The interest rate should be moot as you should not be carrying a balance anyway. Credit Cards if used wisely makes you money and adds security to your purchases. One should never buy something on credit they can't afford to buy with cash the same day.

I completely agree, that’s how it should be, it’s only my opinion. Interest rates on credit cards is insanely high. How many people in the real world “use their cards wisely”, or don’t carry somewhat of a balance on them?
They are financial poison, aimed at those that don’t, because we live in a society based on credit and loans.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree, that’s how it should be, it’s only my opinion. Interest rates on credit cards is insanely high. How many people in the real world “use their cards wisely”, or don’t carry somewhat of a balance on them?
They are financial poison, aimed at those that don’t, because we live in a society based on credit and loans.

Sadly it's what the banks count on, people going into insane debt and paying $1200 for a $300 item over time. It's how those silly appliance rental places work pay $4000 for a $800 fridge. I spend a lot of time on the Credit / CreditCard / Churning / PersonalFinance pages on Reddit and we try to help people out of debt and make better choices, not only that with /r/Churning those who profit on credit card SUBs for money, flights, hotels, etc. Unless my life was in horrible shape and it was the last choice to eat or keep a roof over my head or stay alive, I would never carry a balance. The only reason I carry one on my new car is it's only 1.99% and I am paying it off in 1/2 the time (double payments) and will only over the length of payment pay $680 in interest on a $28K car... so I can give that up as I get 2.5% interest in savings. May people on the forums talk about this card because it's Metal and Cool. Credit Cards don't need to be cool, they need to serve their purpose, and Apple knows we pay a premium for their products and of course they know they're going to make a CRAP TON of $$$ on people going into debt on this card.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I am thinking about it is the 2% on Pay purchases. I use Pay whenever it is available. Just not crazy about linking my bank account so I can pay the bill. I use E-Bills through my bank and I would love it if I could do that with the  Card as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m clearly in the minority because I’ve no interest in it whatsoever. I don’t want or need another credit card.

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
As I stated earlier I ended up getting $8,000 limit with 16.99%. My credit score is 802. Was kinda dumbfounded with that APR, I was thinking I would get 12-14, but then again I don’t plan to carry a balance. I’m only using it for daily necessities and using it only with Apple Pay merchants so I get the 2% every time no matter how big or small the transaction is. I’m setting a cap on how much I will spend per month and make sure I will have that exact fund ready in my Apple Cash card for payoff.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m clearly in the minority because I’ve no interest in it whatsoever. I don’t want or need another credit card.

We have no interest in another credit card either, but I do admit that the 2% on Apple Pay purchases did tug at my heartstrings ever so lightly. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’ll admit I didn’t fully understand the cash back but today I got my first 2% cash back and they apply it to my Apple Cash card
83c612743322fa0576ae65d9a281e1aa.jpg

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don’t want one,which is good because it is not available in UK ! I’m lazy and remembering to pay up in time every month is not likely to happen.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I got my invite and applied. It was the easiest process ever. It used all the information it already had, only asked for the last 4 of my SSN, and asked for my yearly income. It didn't hit me with a hard inquiry that I've seen and I've checked all 3 bureaus. I was surprised I was approved as my credit score isn't great, nor is it horrible, and Goldman Sachs usually doesn't approve anyone under a 720. I plan to use it for bigger purchases I can pay off shortly after just to earn the 1-2% back.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
FYI for above post, it can take up to 3-weeks for the hard inquiry to show up... will hit your Transunion bureau for certain. When there are cards that give 2% to 4% back, why someone would pick this card is just confusing as can be...

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
So after getting off the line with support they will be calling or emailing me to verify my identity. Probably ask me some questions based on my credit and then render a decision. But it sounds like just about everyone is getting approved.

MSUlover

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
I got the invite. I don’t really want or need it, I only use my bank credit/debit card. My credit score is 806 but I was rejected because I don’t have enough credit card usage. I just laughed, no sweat off my back. We are a retired couple, loving on social security, my husbands pension, and his VA benefits, so if we can’t afford it, we don’t buy it. I was just curious, and the 2% pay cash back.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Got my titanium card yesterday and for info only you need to keep it in the Beautiful white envelope in order to activate it. Can’t do it with the card alone. I actually had to tap the envelope before it activated

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2