This is a wonderful idea and since I haven’t had a credit card in over 15 years this might get me off the wagon

No fees and real cash back peaked my interest
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-25-2019 02:56 PM
    I'm not interested in it. But it may be a good option for some.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-25-2019 03:00 PM
    I think it’s great! I literally only use one card, but I love the integration to wallet & the fact that the physical card has no info on it.
    kataran likes this.
    03-25-2019 03:19 PM
    I'd be interested but we have only want a couple of credit cards. I do like some of the features, but I believe it's backed by Goldman Sachs and I'm not wild about that.
    kataran and Tartarus like this.
    03-25-2019 04:42 PM
    I'd be interested but we have only want a couple of credit cards. I do like some of the features, but I believe it's backed by Goldman Sachs and I'm not wild about that.
    Goldman Sachs is the lesser of billions of evils in my book. When they start defrauding those of us in my pay grade, then I’ll be leery LOL. Most other banks only defraud regular folks.
    Annie_M, Smply_Rckless and kataran like this.
    03-25-2019 05:30 PM
    Goldman Sachs is the lesser of billions of evils in my book. When they start defrauding those of us in my pay grade, then I’ll be leery LOL. Most other banks only defraud regular folks.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1742683/

Watch this movie. It may just change the way folks feel about GS.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-26-2019 08:46 AM
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1742683/

Watch this movie. It may just change the way folks feel about GS.
    Can’t be worse than how I feel about Bank of America LOL. I’ll watch this tonight & let you know my thoughts.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-26-2019 01:26 PM
    Can’t be worse than how I feel about Bank of America LOL. I’ll watch this tonight & let you know my thoughts.
    You'll probably feel the same for both.
    03-26-2019 02:07 PM
    I’m pretty sure lol
    03-26-2019 02:25 PM
    I think it's a good idea and I'll probably get one just to save on Apple purchases. But I'm a person who pays full balances at the end of the billing cycle. Goldman Sachs will still be getting those people who don't pay with the 12%-24% APR. Just another credit card, in my opinion.
    03-27-2019 01:06 PM
    Not interested as it's just another credit card with cash back like my other card but with more frequency on redemption. I'm sure many will sign up for an Apple Card though and more power to those that do.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-27-2019 01:23 PM
    Surprisingly, the movie was already in my list on Prime lol. It was really good, but my thoughts and views are still the same.

I think it's a good idea and I'll probably get one just to save on Apple purchases. But I'm a person who pays full balances at the end of the billing cycle. Goldman Sachs will still be getting those people who don't pay with the 12%-24% APR. Just another credit card, in my opinion.
    ^THIS
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-27-2019 08:36 PM
    Three things.

I don't know enough about the history of companies using their cash reserves to open banks. The Banana Republish credit card was issued by GE bank, which is now called something else. Not sure what happened but I'm not sure I want Apple doing the same things GE is.

I'm not sure how this is a very good card in general. 3% on Apple purchases is nice, but with the amount I spend on Amazon, I can't possibly make this card a better value than any of my other cards. 1% on everything else isn't good enough.

Third, and this kind of circles back around to the first thing, I don't think I want Apple to be a bank. Like, credit card companies generally don't spark joy in people. I'm not sure I want that kind of semi-adversarial relationship with Apple.

I'll stick with Chase Sapphire Preferred for now.
    03-31-2019 11:32 AM
    Three things.

I don't know enough about the history of companies using their cash reserves to open banks. The Banana Republish credit card was issued by GE bank, which is now called something else. Not sure what happened but I'm not sure I want Apple doing the same things GE is.

I'm not sure how this is a very good card in general. 3% on Apple purchases is nice, but with the amount I spend on Amazon, I can't possibly make this card a better value than any of my other cards. 1% on everything else isn't good enough.

Third, and this kind of circles back around to the first thing, I don't think I want Apple to be a bank. Like, credit card companies generally don't spark joy in people. I'm not sure I want that kind of semi-adversarial relationship with Apple.

I'll stick with Chase Sapphire Preferred for now.
    I agree here. My Amazon Prime Visa gives me 5% back on Amazon purchases, 2% at restaurants, gas stations and drug stores and 1% on everything else. And, like your Sapphire Preferred card, I can use the points for real cash or redeem for other things.
    AustinIllini likes this.
    03-31-2019 02:05 PM
    This is a wonderful idea and since I haven’t had a credit card in over 15 years this might get me off the wagon

No fees and real cash back peaked my interest
    Most credit cards out there have no fees and give real cash back. The only real benefit to the Apple Card is 3% cash back on Apple purchases.
    BreakingKayfabe and kataran like this.
    03-31-2019 02:07 PM
    Most credit cards out there have no fees and give real cash back. The only real benefit to the Apple Card is 3% cash back on Apple purchases.
    Right. We're all fun and games and Apple here most of the time, but whether or not a credit card is right for you takes some serious consideration.

Regardless, Apple Card is by no means a premium credit card. A good credit card is loaded with all kinds of bonuses from rental car protection to bonuses on goods and services.
    03-31-2019 03:20 PM
    Worried about Goldman-Sachs as as a partner. What information about individual customers and purchases will they have access to? Would like to see more transparency on the business arrangement between the two companies.
    Annie_M likes this.
    04-23-2019 01:25 PM
    Worried about Goldman-Sachs as as a partner. What information about individual customers and purchases will they have access to? Would like to see more transparency on the business arrangement between the two companies.
    I’m not sure Apple would dive into business with a company that doesn’t have privacy in high regard.
    04-23-2019 01:43 PM
    This is something that has really caught my attention. I shall see if it ends up being more than just an interest.
    04-23-2019 02:03 PM
    I got the invite today, so it's there if I want it, but I don't want it. It's not really a good card compared to other cards I use. 2% is not worth it IMHO, the Citi Double does that (But they just dropped their other value for having the card). I would rather use cards that I get better benefits from and it's not worth wasting a 5/24 slot if you're looking to get another Chase card for the SUB.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-06-2019 04:03 PM
    Yes I want an invitation to Apple Card Your invite to Apple Card is waiting. August 13th then followed the instructions to get it and came Thursday at 6:21pm I got nothing and I really wanted to get that invitation and my two step is on I'm on iOS 12.4 and everything
    08-16-2019 07:37 PM
    Yes I want an invitation to Apple Card Your invite to Apple Card is waiting. August 13th then followed the instructions to get it and came Thursday at 6:21pm I got nothing and I really wanted to get that invitation and my two step is on I'm on iOS 12.4 and everything
    Go to your Wallet
    Tap + Sign
    Sign in In
    Select Apple Card
    Add Two Factor...
    08-16-2019 08:58 PM
    It's not there I'll show you!
    08-16-2019 09:06 PM
    Actually I can't show you but I'm telling you Apple Card is NOT! There other wise if probably already be signed up for it!
    08-16-2019 09:07 PM
    Actually I can't show you but I'm telling you Apple Card is NOT! There other wise if probably already be signed up for it!
    08-16-2019 09:35 PM
56 123