Cleare App Store Cache on iOS 12

wizbit

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
Does anyone know how to clear the App Store cache on iOS 12?

I've just upgraded from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone XR (from a backup) and I seem to be having an issue updating apps where I have to click multiple time on the update button before it will update.

Thought that clearing the cache might help, but the old "tap 10 times on any icon on the icon bar" doesn't work anymore.

Ta.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it no longer works in iOS 13 public beta 2 as well. Try swiping the app store out of multitasking. Then launch the app again. You might also try signing out of iTunes > Do a hard reset (reboot)> sign back in to iTunes. Not sure why the took away the 10 tap option.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know how to clear the App Store cache on iOS 12?

I've just upgraded from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone XR (from a backup) and I seem to be having an issue updating apps where I have to click multiple time on the update button before it will update.

Thought that clearing the cache might help, but the old "tap 10 times on any icon on the icon bar" doesn't work anymore.

Ta.

It's not going to help. This has been an App Store issue in general for a couple of weeks now. I'm having it happen on a device running iOS 13 and two devices running iOS 12.

wizbit

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
I've tried everything (swiping it closed, signing out, rebooting etc.). The Only thing I haven't tried is wiping the phone and starting from scratch (not from a backup) which I think is a bit drastic.

App has an update, hit the update button, spiny circle for a few seconds, back to showing update. Repeat until eventually it starts to download.

Going to wait to see if 12.4 or 13 will fix it when they go public. Here's hoping...

wizbit

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
It's doing it to all the apps I have installed that have an update.

It installs new apps just fine, but when there is an update for it, I have to press the update button several times before it will work. After it has installed the update and it needs another one days or weeks later, it does the same thing again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's doing it to all the apps I have installed that have an update.

It installs new apps just fine, but when there is an update for it, I have to press the update button several times before it will work. After it has installed the update and it needs another one days or weeks later, it does the same thing again.

I have to do that. Probably a bug. I'm sure they'll fix it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 12.4 didn't fix it...

One down, one to go...

I'm on iOS 13 public beta 3, and it does it. I had 27 updates, and had to tap each one 10 or more times before it worked. I thought it was a beta issue, but you're not on the beta. Or are you?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm on iOS 13 public beta 3, and it does it. I had 27 updates, and had to tap each one 10 or more times before it worked. I thought it was a beta issue, but you're not on the beta. Or are you?

You can also tap the total number of updates on top of the update overview. It’s in red. That way all updates are installed at once. No need to manually tap them one by one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can also tap the total number of updates on top of the update overview. It’s in red. That way all updates are installed at once. No need to manually tap them one by one.

I've had an iPhone for 7 years. I choose to do them manually. But I had wondered if it would work better that way, while it's messed up.

wizbit

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
Tapping on the 'Update All' option does the same thing. They all start to update (spinning circle) and then go back to show the 'Update' button.

If this is still the same in iOS 13, then I think this must be a back-end issue with the app store and not the app store app itself.

Saying all this, I had four updates this morning and they all updated just fine!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Tapping on the 'Update All' option does the same thing. They all start to update (spinning circle) and then go back to show the 'Update' button.

If this is still the same in iOS 13, then I think this must be a back-end issue with the app store and not the app store app itself.

Saying all this, I had four updates this morning and they all updated just fine!

Thanks! I thought it might.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that "peek-n-pop" and Haptic Feedback is still working with the Xs Max on iOS12?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711