Apps Repeatedly Update

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Over the last few days I’ve had 2 apps that have repeatedly updated with the same version. For example, I update the app, it shows the blue dot, I enter the App Store again and check for updates and same app shows update with the same version number. Anyone else experiencing this and/or have any solutions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced that before, but that doesn’t mean that the what you’re experiencing is suspicious. It’s possible that the problem could reside with Apple and not necessarily the app’s’ developer(s).

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had this happen before. I don’t recall what I’ve done to fix it, but it hasn’t persisted very long. Have you tried to shut the phone off and turn it back on?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had this happen before. I don’t recall what I’ve done to fix it, but it hasn’t persisted very long. Have you tried to shut the phone off and turn it back on?

I’ve tried rebooting, signing out and in of App Store, deleting and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
In that case it might be best to either leave it be, as it’s not a phone bricking issue, or have an  technician look at it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this before but not in what might be 1-3 years. Right now this is occurring for me with Skype and Bloomberg news.

My users have brought it to their attention. Some got Apple Store advice to restore. Deleting all and its data I don't want that to occur.

One time an OS update fixed it. At other times when new updates came it went away. So far neither for my phone.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
From reading reddit it appears that many users are seeing this. The most affected apps seem to be Skype, Marriot, Telegram and Pillow. My Marriot app is apparently not updating since it still shows the previous version after “updating”.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You might consider submitting feedback to Apple[URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p]https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html[/URL]

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My Telegram app has updated 2 days in a row. I don't pay attention to the version, but it only shows 1 update in the version history since one a week ago.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I had it happen on two applications on my phone, one is Skype and the other is related to one of the tools I use for work. It stopped popping up as an update at some point today, with no particular action from me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In addition to several apps updating this way, I have received duplicate developer responses to my app reviews from Apple via email. I'll receive one, then a few days later I get the exact same email with the exact same developer response.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox