Do I need to set up a payment method to get a refund?

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi, that's exactly what I want to ask. Do I need to set up a payment method to get a refund? Is it mandatory?
I ended up purchasing an app by mistake. Actually I purchased a notes app, I don't have an apple pencil and I thought I could make good use of the app even without an apple pencil. I was so wrong. Although it's a nice app when you have the pencil, but without it it's pretty much useless unless you are skilled at using your fingers, lol, the same way as you use the Apple pencil. I had used my debit card to purchase the app (had set up the payment method just to purchase it). And as soon as I purchased it, I removed the payment method from my account, just to make sure that in-app purchases don't hurt me.
The problem is before I requested a refund (I know the procedure), I forgot to add the same payment method I used to purchase the app. Tbh, I thought the refund would be directly added to my Apple ID (I can see an option in app store that says (add funds to my Apple ID). I thought that was how Apple was gonna refund the amount.
And as soon as I requested for a refund, and tapped 'Submit', I got an on-screen message stating that a refund had been issued. I even got an email from Apple confirming that the refund had been issued. And when I go to app store > Apple ID > Purchase history, I don't see that app any longer, and it says the amount has been refunded.

But "I haven't received the refund yet"

How long does it take? Or is it because I'm screwed because I hadn't set up a payment method before requesting for a refund??

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Have you checked your bank statement to see if the refund has been applied to your debit card?

While I've never accidentally purchased an app and processed a refund, the system may still have your debit card info that you bought the app on and was able to apply the refund back to your debit card account.

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Have you checked your bank statement to see if the refund has been applied to your debit card?

While I've never accidentally purchased an app and processed a refund, the system may still have your debit card info that you bought the app on and was able to apply the refund back to your debit card account.

Yeah, I guess I was just careless. Should have done my research before I purchased the app.
And I did, checked my bank statement. And no, nothing.
I bought the app only a week ago, so the system should have my debit card info (hopefully).
From what I understand, it shouldn't be mandatory to set up the same payment method that I used, in order to get a refund. I mean, app store should have the debit/credit card info saved, even if has been removed by the user. Because unless it has that info, how can it verify that the current payment method is the same, as the one used to purchase the app? Because Apple needs to make sure it refunds the amount to the same bank account that was used at the time of purchase.

But still, what I think doesn't matter. And I don't know how it works. Hence I asked this question. Should I contact apple about it? Or should I wait?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW