App Store Interface Frustration

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I seldom use the App Store. Today I went to check versions on an app I use for my hearing aids. I discovered that the history showed that there are newer versions available. I was frustrated that I could not select and copy the difficult to scroll down through dropdown that displayed them. I needed to type each one into Notepad 'by hand.'

The app has 221 ratings. Three were presented. Access to the others was not at all intuitive. Even more frustrating was no apparent access to sorting them by date to see if a problem I have has been resolved.

Is this a result of my not using Apple hardware and Safari to access the App Store, or does everyone experience the same difficult interface.

thanks,
baumgrenze

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on iOS 11, so I haven't seen the new app store much. But I almost couldn't find the purchased list on my Wife's phone. I like the old app store from iOS 6. Like you, I hate how they order the reviews. They mix up the dates. Makes it difficult to get a feel for the current version of apps. They used to be with most recent at the top and down in order by date. It's beyond me why they put reviews from 2014 in with those current.

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for reading and responding.

At the risk of offending the "Apple Base" I will admit that I am running Win 7/Pro x64 on an aging purpose-built machine that still serves my purposes. I normally use a Mozilla (SeaMonkey/Firefox) browser but opened Google's Chrome (~59% of browser market share) and had the same non-intuitive recalcitrant website experience.

The pages are 'pretty' but I find them functionally frustrating. Any time I need to 'snip' a few inches at a time or transliterate into Notepad so I can save the notes on the App Revision History for reference I am not impressed.

If this is the best that Apple can do, I don't care how passionate friends are about their Macs. Sorry but I know I can do better.

If I'm missing something that is intuitively obvious to the initiated, please share your insights regarding the cut-and-paste and Review sorting issue.

If it is only possible to do this on a machine running the latest Apple OS, it is certainly a great way for Apple to drive customers away from the iPhone/iPad, etc. market. Again, help me understand if I'm seeing things wrong. I'm always glad to learn.

thanks,
baumgrenze

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner