News apps not alerting

MikeF808

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I’m a journalist on the local tv level. I use a variety of news apps from the App Store to stay informed on breaking news. These include cnn, abc, AP, and others. I have all of these apps set up to deliver push notifications. The problem is none of them trigger the audio alert, so it’s impossible for me to know when they come in unless I’m looking at my phone. All proper settings are enabled but the problem persists. I’ve restored the phone and started from scratch but that was a waste of time. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t use 3rd party news apps on my devices with the exception of theScore app for sports-related news. I get audible alerts with it several times a day. Anyway, hopefully those who use the apps you mentioned will reply soon.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a bit odd but What do you mean when you say:
All proper settings are enabled

What are proper settings to you? keep in mind that if your phone is silent, you won't get them. I also use AP and sometimes it drives me crazy the number of times I get the alerts (audio included) also because I get them on my apple watch as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal