How do you discover new Apps, app store or elsewhere?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Years ago you could scroll through the sections in the App Store and find new and exciting apps. Then the app store became so cluttered they changed how you search and then they moved to even less options on what you can see.

Today you can no longer access the app store through iTunes, so you have to "discover" apps via your iPhone or iPad and to me that is even more difficult. Unless you are anointed and highlighted on the main page how do you get discovered, let alone find new apps to try or buy.

Think of it this way, if you don't know how to get somewhere or even where you want to go how do you get there? If you dont know an app exists, or what you want how do you find it?

Apple should make the app store searchable, either as an app or website so you can search, like Google does with their app store. Trying to find something has become pointless.

So how do you discover new apps either by the app store or elsewhere?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I search for apps on my computer now. Once I find what i'm looking for then I go to the App Store as I have the exact name of the app. I agree it has become harder to find apps in the App Store. I find it to be cluttered at times. It would be nice if they added filters to the search as it would make it so much easier.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I search the App Store a lot. Also use the AppAdvice app. It's still 32 bit and not on iOS 11, but they have an online site.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I get a lot of my apps recommendations from the Podcasts I listen too. When I am looking for a specific type of app I search iMore and the interwebz for reviews. I sort them by the newest ones so I am not looking at apps from years ago.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I do research from time to time on the Internet and see what’s recommended. I also watch “What’s on my iPhone/iPad” videos on YouTube. I also do browse the App Store from time to time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro