Alarm clock: wakeup time based on time of falling asleep

distill

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Is there an alarm clock app that would automatically adjust wake up time according to when the user has fallen asleep? The purpose: to help a user having trouble falling asleep and waking up. The idea is to optimize and set the sleeping time to a value such as 8 hours (or less if falling asleep very late). In this case there's no work in the morning that would force a certain wakeup time and minimum hours of sleep is required but oversleep is to be avoided.

The problem is that setting a new wakeup time manually based on actual sleep time is not possible because 1) manually setting an alarm automatically causes inability sleep (a common psychological problem for some) and 2) struggling to sleep and delaying the sleep time every 10 minutes or so because not yet falling asleep is also stressful and ruins the possibility to fall asleep.

Technically sleep could be analysed from the breathing sound. Does this kind of app exist?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, and there are a ton of Alarm Clock apps in the App Store. While waiting more replies, peruse the App Store to check out what’s a Available.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a recurring alarm set to wake me up at the same time every morning (except on weekends) so I don’t have to worry about setting an alarm every night. There are plenty of sleep tracking devices available that will wake you after a certain number of hours of sleep rather than a particular time. I had a Jawbone UP band some years back that had his feature.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner