I changed phones and the new phone I got is a used phone.

Now I want to update some apps and it keeps asking for password to the old Apple ID, I called the person and he gave me his password, unfortunately his account has been locked. So am asking, Is there another way to update the existing apps (with my own Apple ID) without factory resetting my iPhone? Any other options?

Thanks
    08-21-2017 06:51 AM
    Nope. You have to completely erase those apps and re-install them using “your” Apple ID.
    08-21-2017 07:15 AM
    I changed phones and the new phone I got is a used phone.

Now I want to update some apps and it keeps asking for password to the old Apple ID, I called the person and he gave me his password, unfortunately his account has been locked. So am asking, Is there another way to update the existing apps (with my own Apple ID) without factory resetting my iPhone? Any other options?

Thanks
    No because some of those apps might have been paid for by the previous owner (s), and your Apple ID is not affiliated with certain apps that you might not have paid for. That's just one of many reasons for this security feature. You need to take the iPhone to the nearest Apple Store with proof of purchase and have them wipe it.
    08-21-2017 07:15 AM