HELP WITH CHANGED APPLE ID :huh: :huh:

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I changed phones and the new phone I got is a used phone.

Now I want to update some apps and it keeps asking for password to the old Apple ID, I called the person and he gave me his password, unfortunately his account has been locked. So am asking, Is there another way to update the existing apps (with my own Apple ID) without factory resetting my iPhone? Any other options?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. You have to completely erase those apps and re-install them using “your” Apple ID.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I changed phones and the new phone I got is a used phone.

Now I want to update some apps and it keeps asking for password to the old Apple ID, I called the person and he gave me his password, unfortunately his account has been locked. So am asking, Is there another way to update the existing apps (with my own Apple ID) without factory resetting my iPhone? Any other options?

Thanks

No because some of those apps might have been paid for by the previous owner (s), and your Apple ID is not affiliated with certain apps that you might not have paid for. That's just one of many reasons for this security feature. You need to take the iPhone to the nearest Apple Store with proof of purchase and have them wipe it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods