Why App Store says Buy for free apps?

reoexpress

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Why does the Apple App Store after clicking the Get button (on a free app) then want to authenticate and shows (Buy or Cancel) buttons to begin downloading a free app? Nothing is charged, but this sure us freaky!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to the Apple App Store? I’m running iOS 11 on both my iPad Pro and iPhone, and I see the word “Get” next to free apps.

reoexpress

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the Apple App Store. The free app does show the Get button. After clicking, process wants to authenticate then displays (Buy or Cancel) button to continue. Nothing is charged, but why display Buy for a free app download. I'm running iOS 10.3.3. This might be unique to 10.3.3 update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the Apple App Store. The free app does show the Get button. After clicking, process wants to authenticate then displays (Buy or Cancel) button to continue. Nothing is charged, but why display Buy for a free app download. I'm running iOS 10.3.3. This might be unique to 10.3.3 update.

I don’t know, and maybe feedback left to Apple will cause a reply to your inquiry.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you not have Touch ID enabled? When I tap "Get", I simply place my finger on the home button, and the free app downloads. There was a way to get free apps without using an ID, but I can't recall how. I think there was a setting in restrictions. But to do so, Touch ID has to be disabled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711