App Update Screen is Blank on iPad2

Victoria Martinez

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
We have 2 iPads and both are experiencing this issue. Glad to know I am not alone and that they are working on it. Thought it was a glitch since we just recieved them two weeks ago.

GlitterQueen

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine stopped working this weekend, my original iPad works fine. I tried turning off with wake/sleep and home button, still not working. Hope they figure this out soon, it's a PITA!

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on day four, still with a blank update screen on two iPads, although I can update via the purchase screen.

My apps have been purchased with two different IDs and switching is also a little flakey. (This might explain why guitarman85 can't update last two?)

Hoping this gets fixed...and that Apple sets up way to merge two Apple IDs too.

My purchases are all on 1 apple id. I just mentioned my dad to indicate that it was not isolated to me and my iPad. Still not working, and just for giggles I reset my iPad and restored from an icloud backup with no luck. Definitely a server side thing at apple somewhere.

Cybersco

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
RJ, I have the same problem, and have resorted to exactly the procedure you describe. It is even more than tedious if you haven't used the device for a few days, and there are 20+ updates.

VincenzOH

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
After failing, then working properly for 2 days, the problem is back again. You can tell if you will have the problem when you have no updates pending. In App Store, check for updates. You should see pending updates or, if none, "all apps are up to date". If there's just a blank screen there's a problem.

toolbelt54

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have tried this too and have been able to update most everything but the Updates tab still shows a few. So this didn't cover everything. Like other's I've also rebooted, reset, etc., etc. All to no avail. I'm looking forward to the OS update that fixes this!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had no app update issues at all on my iPad Mini running 6.1.3. Just updated this app a few minutes ago after the badge showed up telling me there was an update available.

emegyve7.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
You are lucky IR. this is what the my iPad2 update page shows - blank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 13

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You are lucky IR. this is what the my iPad2 update page shows - blank.

I see what you mean, and still don't understand why the updates are working for some but not all. If it was a software related issue, I would think this issue would occur on all iPads running iOS 6.1.3. However, this isn't the case based on both of our screenshots.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I again, updated 6 apps last evening...

I did however get a blank screen a few days ago. But reboot fixed it for me.

Norm Shaw

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Still not working on my iPad 3. I was able to do the "Purchased" work around and get the count down to 1 from 3 but the Updates screen still shows up blank.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR